10 new things about modified UAE visa process
Posted on September 9, 2022
Highlights: Modified UAE visa process
- For some of the visa holders, even if they are cancelled, they can continue to stay in the UAE for six months.
- The revised visa system will be effective from 3rd October 2022.
- The Green visa was initially valid for two-three years, and now the visa is valid for five years.
- The Green Visa applicants will now be self-sponsored and now you will be able to sponsor first-degree relatives.
- The resident visa is considered still valid, even if you spend more than six months out of the United Arab Emirates.
- Green Visa holders will now be able to sponsor their sons up to the age of 25 years.
Revised UAE visa process
Even after the visas are cancelled, some visa holders can still continue to stay back in the UAE for 6-months. An updated visa system, along with the third generation of services will be provided by the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs, and Port Security (ICP).
Do you want to work in UAE? Speak to the overseas immigration career consultant.
Following are the details for the revised system, if you are residing at present in the UAE or plan to do so for work or business:
- Effective from 3rd October 2022, the revised visa system will get into effect.
- Under the revamped visa system, the residency chances are now independent of the enabling self-sponsorship and employer. This initiative taken as per Major General Yousef AI Nuaimi, and Director General of Residency and Foreigners at ICP is mainly to improve the residents’ way of working, living, and investing in the UAE a pleasant and joyful experience.
- Acceptance to Green Visa – Now the visa is valid for five years, before it was a two-three year.
- The applicants with Green Visas will now be self-sponsored. Other than this, you will be able to sponsor first-degree relatives.
- If the visa expires, you can still continue to stay up to six months in the UAE, or can be revoked. If the residence visa gets canceled, then will be having one month to stay in the UAE.
- If you satisfy any of the following categories, you can apply for the Green Visa
- Independent worker or self-employed
- Skilled worker and
- A financier or associate in a business venture
- Categories on new permits have been established, and you no longer need to have a sponsor to obtain a visa in the UAE. Visas for job seekers, visas for people doing different business opportunities, and visas for practicing investment opportunities are the different types.
- Based on the ICP, the new entry permits will not last forever, they would just allow for a few visitations up to a year.
- If you spend more than six months out of the United Arab Emirates, then also the resident visa will be still valid.
- The Golden Visa holders can now sponsor their sons now up to the age of 25, unlike there was former restriction of 18 years of age.
What are the benefits of working in the UAE?
*Do you want to migrate to UAE? Talk to Y-Axis, the world’ no.1 overseas career immigration consultant.
Found this article interesting? Read more…
What is the difference between residence permit and work visa in UAE?