Canada is an awesome country when it comes to study, work or live for foreigners. The world class education system, apt work conditions and government policies draw a lot of immigrants towards applying a Visa for the country. Every year, a number of students migrate to Canada because of the first class education policy. Students who need to Study in Canada need a student permit.
- A registered learning institute of Canada should accept your candidature.
- You should also prove that you possess enough funds to meet the below expenditure.
- Tuition fees
- Expenses incurred towards stay of self and family member
- Expenses incurred towards return travel of you and your family member
- You should not have any criminal record
- You must be ready to undergo any medical test
- You must leave the country as soon as your stay validity completes
- A Study Permit is an authorized document that is given by the Canadian government
- Just after 90 days of your study program, your visa expires.
- You will receive a program completion notification from the institute, after you complete the course.
Study permit exemptions
- If you choose a short term study course, you will not need a study Visa. A short term study course is that which lasts less than 6 months.
- If you are a foreign armed force member, there is no need of a student visa in Canada for you to study. This is granted under the Visiting foreign forces act of Canada.
- If you are a relative or a family member of any of the staff at the ‘Department of Foreign affairs, Trade and development, Canada’, you will not require a study permit.
- If you get a registered Indian status when you are in Canada, you will not require a study Visa to study in Canada.
If you are planning to migrate to Canada, browse through latest Canada Immigration News & Visa Rules.
11 Things to remember when Applying For A Study Visa In Canada
Posted on September 30, 2019