Totally 258 overseas students have graduated in Korea in the month of February. These students were on the scholarship program of the Government of Korea. It is the GKS – Global Korea Scholarship. This was announced by the Ministry of Education in Korea.
The GKS Program was launched by the Government in 1967. It is designed to offer overseas students the opportunity to study at UG and PG schools in Korea. This, in turn, contributes to promoting overseas exchanges in education. It also deepens mutual collaboration amongst nations.
The overseas students who have graduated this time are from 86 nations across the world:
- Asia – 107 nations
- Africa- 60 nations
- Europe – 46 nations
- Americas – 45 nations
Out of the 258 overseas students, 115 will be awarded Bachelor’s degrees. 108 will be awarded Master’s degrees will 31 will receive Doctoral degrees. 4 overseas students will receive Research degrees, as quoted by the Korea Times.
The Global Korea Scholarship Program has produced more than 5,000 graduates so far. They are now working in diverse fields in their nations. These include among others Ex-President of Harbin Normal University in China and Srinakharinwirot University Professor in Thailand.
The scholarship offered by the Government of Korea is a completely funded scholarship for overseas students. It covers the following:
- Return Air Ticket
- Settlement allowance of 200,000 KRW that is given upon arrival to Korea
- Monthly allowance of 900,000 KRW for Degree program and 1,500,000 KRW for Research Program
- A research allowance of 210,000 KRW per semester for Social Science & Liberal Arts majors and 240,000 KRW per semester for Engineering & Natural Science majors
- 1-year training fee for the Korean Language is fully waived
- The tuition fee for Degree program is fully covered
- Thesis printing fee is reimbursed
- 20,000 KRW per month as medical insurance
- 100,000 KRW as degree completion grants
- 100,000 KRW monthly as Korean proficiency grants
If you are looking to Work, Visit, Invest, Migrate or Study Overseas, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…
258 GKS overseas students in Korea graduate in February
Posted on March 6, 2019