A to Z guide on UK’s new Scale-up visa
Posted on August 29, 2022
Highlights of UK’s new Scale-up visa
- The United Kingdom has introduced a new immigration route ‘new Scale Up Visa’ to attract top intellectual talent to the country.
- The new Scale Up visa system is to target and encourage creativity by streamlining the process for ‘Scale Up’ businesses in order to get ‘highly skilled and academic scholars to the UK.
- One requires a sponsor to be qualified for a Scale-Up visa and the employer must satisfy the particular eligibility criteria to sponsor workers using the scale-up process.
New Immigration route in the UK
The UK introduces a new immigration program called the ‘new Scale Up visa system’ to boost innovative businesses in the country that are highly skilled and academic scholars. This way top talent is been encouraged.
For the candidates to be eligible for a Scale-Up visa, he/she requires a sponsor whereas the sponsor must also meet specific criteria to be eligible to sponsor the workers under scale-up.
*Check your eligibility to UK through Y-Axis UK immigration points calculator
Eligibility for UK’s new Scale-Up visa
To be eligible for the Scale-Up worker visa, the candidate must do the following
- Obtain a job offer that is approved and confirmed, so that the candidate can work for an authentic and approved business built up by scale-up for a minimum of 6 months.
- Need to get a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from the corporation, or employer along with the role details that is been offered to you by the UK employer.
- Get a job offer that is listed on the eligible occupations list.
- Obtain minimum wage as per the market standards in your new job
The candidate needs to provide proficiency in the English language when you are applying for the visa until you have done this step in the previous successful visa application process.
The applicant can provide the English knowledge proof by the following:
- By successfully completing and passing a Secure English Language (SELT), which is provided by an authentic provider.
- You can obtain a GCSE, A level, Scottish Higher or Advanced Higher in English, Scottish National Qualification level 4 or 5, or gained through study at a UK school (only if you have started your studies under 18 in the UK).
- Obtaining a graduation level academic qualification that you studied in English, if you have studied in a foreign country, then the candidate need to apply through Ecctis (which was formerly called NARIC) for getting a confirmation that the candidate’s qualification is equal to UK bachelor’s or master’s degree or Ph.D.
*Get expert assistance from Y-Axis Coaching professionals, to ace your scores.
*Want to work in UK? Get expert assistance from the World class Y-Axis consultants.
How to apply for a Scale-up Worker visa online?
What are documents required?
- Reference number for sponsorship certificate, which is given by the employer
- English language proficiency proof
- A valid passport or any document that proves the candidate’s nationality and identity
- Title of the candidate’s job and the annual wage
- Applicant’s occupation code
- Must mention the name and detail of the employer and the license number of the sponsor, this is called a certificate of sponsorship.
*Need guidance to apply for UK skilled worker visa? Y-Axis is here to assist you in all the steps.
To know more information about job outlook in UK…
When can you apply?
One can apply till 3 months before the day you start working in the UK.
How long you can stay?
By obtaining the Scale-up Worker visa, one can stay in the UK at least for 2 years, and can even apply for an extension your visa before it expires.
Moreover, the candidate can extend his/her visa multiple times for 3 years, provided the candidate needs to satisfy the eligibility criteria. One can apply for permanent settlement in the UK after 5 years.
How much does the visa process costs?
The applicant and their partner or children, each have to do the following:
- Must pay the £715 as the application fee
- Had to pay the healthcare expense of £624 per year (which is usually constant)
- Must be able to support yourself by the time you arrive in the UK, for this you need to have at least £1,270 available as your proof of funds (unless you’re exempt).
Do you need complete assistance to migrate to UK? Talk to Y-Axis for more information. Y-Axis, the world’s no. 1 overseas career consultant.
Found this article interesting? Read more…