An introduction to New Zealand’s top universities
Posted on May 28, 2020
It’s amazing to know that the idea of study abroad in New Zealand could be leading you anyway to a university that is ranked among the best in the world.
New Zealand has 8 universities, all of which come in world rankings at pretty good places.
New Zealand’s higher education system is run with 18 institutes of technology and polytechnics. They offer vocational courses of varying durations and levels. They focus on practical skills and hands-on experience.
The New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF) ensures that the quality standards for education are kept intact.
Besides, overseas students will be delighted to get the advantage of smaller class sizes in New Zealand. This ensures good tutor-student interaction.
If you are considering study overseas and New Zealand is your destination of choice, it will help you to learn a bit about the best universities in New Zealand.
University of Waikato
- It’s a relatively young university and yet is one of the top universities in New Zealand.
- It was founded in 1964.
- The university has around 12,300 students.
- It appears in the top 350 universities in world rankings.
University of Canterbury
- It was founded in 1873.
- It’s the second-oldest institution for higher education in New Zealand.
- It’s the fourth-best university in the country.
- It has around 15,000 students enrolled in it.
- A wide range of subjects is dealt with in the courses it offers.
- They include sports, arts, commerce, engineering, law, and speech and language pathology.
Victoria University of Wellington
- It was established in 1897.
- The university has around 22,000 students.
- The university features 9 faculties.
- Its well-known programs are in humanities, law, and science.
University of Otago
- The university was established in 1869.
- Its motto is “Dare to be wise”.
- It has around 20,800 students.
- The university has 4 faculties namely health sciences, humanities, sciences, and business.
- It’s located in Dunedin, the second-largest city on South Island.
University of Auckland
- It’s the largest university in New Zealand.
- It’s also the highest-ranked university in the country.
- It was established in 1883.
- It has over 40,000 students.
- The university is in New Zealand’s largest city, Auckland.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like it…