Get the latest and most useful updates on overseas careers, immigration, travel and visas here.

Applying for Unmarried Partner Visa? Here are the things you need to know!

Posted on September 24, 2018
Comment (0)
Share :


People in a relationship with a UK citizen or permanent resident are eligible to apply for the Unmarried Partner Visa. To apply for the UK spouse/partner Visa, you must meet certain requirements. This visa allows you to enter or remain in the UK depending upon your relationship with the person settled there.

Eligibility requirements for an Unmarried Partner visa:

If you are looking to apply for the visa, you will first and foremost need to prove your relationship with your partner. To do so, you can submit utility bills, bank statements or rental agreements which are posted to the same address.

The second basic requirement is to prove that you can speak and understand English. For this, you will have to pass the English language test. The results of this test must be submitted along with the Visa application.

Both, you and your partner,must be over the age of 18. You can be married or unmarried, same-sex or in heterosexual relationships. The other requirement for applying the visa is the fulfillment of the financial requirement.

Your sponsor needs to have an annual income of at least £18,600 per year and should be able to provide the required supporting evidence. The annual income criterion is higher if children are applying for a visa to come with the parent, as quoted by the South African.

In case your partner settled in the UK holds an Ancestry Visa, then you need not fulfillthe income criterion.But, the visa will only be granted for the duration of the Ancestral Visa. During this period you can, however, apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Once you get the ILR, you will have to complete five years of stay in the UK to apply for British citizenship.

Applying for an Unmarried Partner Visa can be challenging given the fact that a lot of eligibility requirements needs to be fulfilled.

Y-Axis offers a wide range of Visa and Immigration products as well as services for aspirants including UK Visa, UK Work Permit Visa, UK Visa and Immigration and UK Student Visa. We work with Regulated Immigration Consultants in the UK.

If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to the UK, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Consultants.

Y-Axis offers Counseling services, Classroom and Live Online classes for GREGMATIELTSPTETOEFL and Spoken English with Extensive Weekday and Weekend Sessions.

If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…

The UK is one of the top most preferred destinations for tourism in the world

Share :


More Posts

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

15 + twelve =



Follow Us

We want to hear from you!