Can I move to Australia without a job in 2023?
Posted on January 21, 2023
You can migrate to Australia without a prior job in 2023; on the other hand, migrating to Australia with a secured job can boost your points and promote the score in the Australian Immigration System. This will directly affect your prospects of acquiring a PR in Australia. It is relatively less complicated to migrate to Australia with no job as the government has introduced many options of visa options that come with their own set of criteria for moving to the country.
*Check your eligibility: Australia Immigration Points Calculator
Australia follows a system based on points which is a method of analyzing immigration applications. You will be required to score the minimum points of eligibility, that is, 65 or above out of 100, to qualify. Given below are the criteria that are followed for scoring –
|Age (25-33 years)||30 points|
|English proficiency (8 bands)||20 points|
|Work Experience outside Australia (8-10 years)
Work Experience in Australia (8-10 years)
|Education (outside Australia)
|Niche skills such as Doctorate or master’s degree in Australia||5 points|
|Study in a regional area
Accredited in community language
Professional year in a skilled program in Australia
State sponsorship (190 visa)
Some of the visa options for migrating with no job offer are –
Subclass 189 visa
Subclass 189 visa does not mandate having an offer letter or sponsorship from an Australian employer. This program is designed to assess your credentials, which include age, employment experience, education, talents, language proficiency, and more. The candidate gets qualified based on these points, further acquiring a nomination.
- A minimum score of 6 on the English language test (IELTS)
- Get a certificate of skill evaluation from the concerned authority.
- Have prior experience in any SOL-based vocations before picking a designated occupation.
- Give in an EOI to skill-select that is responsible for handling the process of migration.
- Present your acknowledgment by submitting an EOI (Expression of Interest)
- You must immediately apply within the first 60 days of receiving an ITA (invitation to apply)
Subclass 190 visa
You become eligible for this visa if and when a state or territory in Australia nominates you. The benefits of this type of visa resemble that of the Subclass 189 visa. Most application conditions remain the same except for the occupations that are nominated on the professional occupations list. For the Subclass 190 visa, the applicants can select a field from the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL) and give in the profiles along with the necessary documentation. The skills possessed by the candidates must coordinate with that of the in-demand eligible skilled vocation.
- Pick an occupation from CSOL that aligns with your skill set.
- Send the Australian Immigration department a filled EOI form.
- After you receive an ITA, you must give in your application and the documentation.
- You will also be required to submit a health and police clearance certificate. Score a minimum score of 6 in the IELTS exam.
- Score a minimum of 65 on the test.
Family sponsorship program
This program allows you to migrate to Australia with no job, but that is if you already have a member of your family who either is residing in Australia with a PR or with citizenship. The sponsorship program can be availed if any family member, be it a spouse, siblings, parents, etc., is ready to sponsor the visa.
Business innovation and investment program
This business visa program in Australia is mainly for international entrepreneurs, investors, executives, etc., interested in establishing or developing an existing business. This is one of the ways to acquire a PR and migrate to Australia with no job in 2023.
Distinguished Talent Visa
- This type of visa is for individuals with notable contributions to the field of arts, sports, academic discipline, research, etc., via their work. The distinguished talented visa is divided into two primary subclass visas –
- Subclass 858
- Subclass 124
- You must maintain an exceptional track record of achievements in arts, sports, academic discipline, or research with global exposure and esteem.
- Your contribution can be any form, social, cultural, or economic, but it must contribute to the community of Australia and the country.
- You should prove that you can settle in Australia and find work in your expertise. Any income from an outside source apart from your area would not be inclusive of your gross income.
- You should have proof that you are well-acclaimed in your field of work with awards or qualifications from recognized institutions.
- You must possess Functional English skills.
- It would be best if you matched the healthcare and personal criteria requirements.
Global talent program
Global Talent Independent Program type allows talented and qualified people worldwide to live and work as permanent residents in Australia. The program will onboard skilled migrants to Australia to accommodate the most in-demand professions. The highly qualified professionals will have the chance to get your visa applications processed on priority.
- Candidates must be supremely qualified in their respective fields and should be able to find work in Australia.
- Candidates must exhibit that they have received global appreciation for their work and can actively contribute to the Australian community if they get chosen through the GTI.
- The applicants must have prior professional accolades such as patents, publications, articles, awards, etc., or have worked in a top management position.
- Candidates need not have a job offer to participate in this program.
Advantages of the Global Talent program
- Premium access to job roles that are not a part of the occupation lists.
- The opportunity to arrange terms differs from the requirements for the TSS visa.
- First preference in getting applications processed
- There are no age limitations for the visa.
- It values advancing technologies like virtual reality, artificial intelligence, quantum computing, etc.
Different options for visa
The Australian government structures renewed planning levels of migration and limits on the available slots under the immigration program.
The table below depicts the number of slots allotted to migration programs in 2022-2023:
|Visa Stream||Visa Category||2022-23|
|Business Innovation & Investment||5,000|
|Global Talent (Independent)||5,000|
|Total Migration Program||195,000|
The Australian government’s skilled stream category has 142,400 immigration slots. The Family category has a whopping 195,000 slots, making it an ideal time to move to Australia even with no job in 2023.
You can pick the stream that best fits you to migrate to Australia, provided you meet the given eligibility qualifications.
If you found this article useful, you may also want to consider reading…