Things you must know about Canada Courtesy Visa
Posted on December 26, 2018
Canada Courtesy Visa is a Temporary Resident Visa that lets Immigrants enter the country on official duties. It is often confused with the Diplomatic and Official Visa. This Visa is aimed at people who are not Government Officials. However, they must hold an important position in their respective Governments.
The Canada Courtesy Visa lasts for up to 3 years. It is a multiple-entry Visa. As quoted by Visa guide, Immigrants cannot spend more than 6 months in the country at a time.
Overseas Immigrants cannot overstay the Visa. They cannot avail of any health coverage. Also, they should not apply for citizenship or other Canadian benefits.
The following mandatory criteria must be met to receive a Canada Courtesy Visa.
- Immigrants must hold a significant position in their respective Governments
- They must migrate to Canada on official duty
- Canada should have an agreement with their countries
- Immigrants must hold an invitation from the Canadian Government
- Their passport must have one blank page
- They have to present Criminal Check certificates
- Bank statements and financial documents are a must
The following documents are a must for Immigrants who want to obtain Canada Courtesy Visa.
- Temporary Resident Visa application form
- Family information form
- They must present a declaration of the common-law union if applicable
- They should complete a form for the use of a representative if applicable
- Financial documents that prove Immigrants have enough fund to cover the trip
- A written request from a consular post of their Government
- A written request from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- A letter to the Canadian Government explaining the purpose of visit
- Employment and education status
Canada Courtesy Visa fees:
The application fee for the Canada Courtesy Visa is CAD$100. For biometrics, Immigrants may have to pay an additional of CAD$85. The passport processing fee is CAD$45.
Canada Courtesy Visa processing time:
The entire process may take from a week up to 2 months. However, it depends on the workload of the Canadian Consulate.
Who can accompany you?
The following people can accompany Overseas Immigrants as dependents –
- Common-law partner
- Kids under 22 years of age
- Private servants
- Live-in caregivers
Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa and immigration services as well as products to overseas immigrants including Business Visa for Canada, Work Visa for Canada, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Express Entry Full Service, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Express Entry P R Application, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Provinces, and Education Credential Assessment. We work with Regulated Immigration Consultants in Canada.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…