Canada under the Federal Skilled Worker Program
Posted on March 17, 2018
Federal Skilled Worker Program selects skilled and experienced overseas immigrants for immigration to Canada. From 1 January 2015 onwards candidates for the Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program are chosen from applicants in the Express entry system. Applicants who have applied prior to this date will have their applications processed as per the earlier system.
The eligibility requirements for the Federal Skilled Worker Program are:
- Have a job offer / be qualified to work in Canada / demonstrate that you have adequate funds to support yourself and dependents upon arrival to Canada
- Possess minimum 1 year of full-time or equal work experience in a skilled job
- Satisfy the minimum language requirements in French or English
- Possess a post-secondary certificate, degree, or diploma
- Plan to reside outside the Quebec province
Federal Skilled Worker Program specifies the kind of work experience that the applicants must possess for qualifying. Applicants must have experience in skill level 0, A or B on the National Occupational Classification of Canada, as quoted by the CIC News. The work experience must be on the pay roll, full time or equal hours of part-time experience. Minimum 30 hours weekly qualifies as a full-time job. The work experience must have been gained in the past 10 years.
The requirements for the work experience are not applicable to applicants who possess a permanent job offer in Canada.
The points system under the Federal Skilled Worker Program mandates that the applicants possess minimum 67 points. The points are awarded to the applicants for diverse factors such as:
- Educational credentials
- Language proficiency in French or English
- Work experience
- Arranged employment in Canada
Canadian Experience Class is an immigration program for the overseas workforce in Canada who intend to obtain the Permanent Residency – PR. Provisional overseas workers are most suitable for obtaining the Canada PR through this program. They already possess Canadian work experience and are integrated into the society in Canada.
If you are looking to Visit, Study, Work, Invest or Migrate to Canada talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Visa & Immigration Company.