Important aspects you must know about Canada Temporary Resident Visa
Posted on December 26, 2018
Canada is an attractive destination for prospective Overseas Immigrants. With its standard of education, job opportunities and living, it is now one of the best foreign attractions. Canada boasts many Visas that enable Immigrants to fulfill their dream. Canada Temporary Resident Visa is for Immigrants who want to stay in the country for less than 6 months.
The Canada Temporary Resident Visa is issued for the following purposes:
- Family reunification
As reported by visaguide, Immigrants can stay in Canada for 6 months or less. They cannot work or study. They can’t apply for Canadian citizenship. Also, availing of any health coverage is prohibited.
- Visitor Visa – It is solely meant for tourism purpose
- Super Visa – Parents and grandparents of Permanent Residents can stay in the country for up to 2 years
- Diplomatic and Official Visa – Government Officials should apply for this Visa
- Business Persons and Business Delegations Visa – This Visa is for Immigrants who want to travel to Canada for attending business-related conferences
- Dual Intent Visa – This is for Immigrants migrating to the country temporarily but intending to apply for Permanent Residence
Canada Temporary Resident Visa requirements:
The requirements can further be divided into two categories –
- General Visa requirements
- Visa specific requirements
Let’s have a look at the general requirements:
- Candidates must be 18 years old or older
- A valid passport
- At least one blank page in their passport
- Documents must be either in English or French
- Candidates must provide Criminal Check certificates
- They should be able to pay Visa processing fee
- They must present their bank statements
- They have to submit their biometric details
Let’s check out the Visa specific requirements for Canada Temporary Resident Visa.
- To acquire a Tourist Visa, Immigrants must provide an Itinerary of the trip
- For the Super Visa, Immigrants must present an invitation letter from their family in Canada
- Government officials should provide supporting documents to get a diplomatic Visa
- Business Visa candidates must work for another company apart from the one they are doing business within Canada
Canada Temporary Resident Visa process:
- At first, Immigrants must check if they are eligible for the Visa. They can do the same by visiting the Canadian Government website
- They must complete a questionnaire available on the website
- They will get a reference code along with instructions to apply for the Canada Temporary Resident Visa
- They should now create a profile on the same website and start filling out the application form
- Candidates might have to visit the Canadian consulate during the process
- Once the Visa is approved, they have to mail their passport along with the processing fee
- The passport will be stamped and sent back to them
- The entire process might take up to 2 months
Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa and immigration services as well as products to overseas immigrants including Business Visa for Canada, Work Visa for Canada, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Express Entry Full Service, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Express Entry PR Application, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Provinces, and Education Credential Assessment. We work with Regulated Immigration Consultants in Canada.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…