Checklist for Indian passport holders before a Schengen Visa interview
Posted on October 30, 2018
Indians holding an ordinary passport and planning to visit the Schengen states should obtain a pre-visit visa. A Schengen visa takes about 15 to 30 days to arrive.
The area comprises 26 European countries. Indian passport holders cannot obtain a Visa on arrival in these states. It incorporates most EU states, except for Croatia, Ireland, Bulgaria, Romania, Cyprus and the United Kingdom. Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein and Switzerland, being non-EU states, have joined the Area.
The first thing Indian passport holders should do is get their entry and exit tickets. Getting a Visa is not always a guaranteed process. Hence booking refundable flights is advisable. Another important point is to have a good understanding of one’s account balance, as quoted by India Today. Having enough money to cover the days of the trip is a mandatory check before the Visa interview.
Visa application form:
The application form is available for download on the relevant country’s visa information website. Type of visa, date, time and centre of the Visa interview should be checked on the website.
Visa interview checklist:
The checklist for Visa interview will be the following. However, it might vary from country to country.
- A passport issued within last 10 years and valid for at least 3 months after the date of return
- Passport-size photographs
- A cover letter explaining the purpose of travel and itinerary details
- An introduction letter on the business letterhead from the employer or company. The letter has to be original and signed and stamped by the HR or Directorate. There should be a “no objection statement” regarding the planned trip
- A travel insurance covering 30,000 euro or USD 50,000 per person
- Copy of flight tickets to and from India, tickets for travel within the Schengen states, hotel reservations, package tours etc
- Salary slips of the last 3 months, bank statements of the last 3 months
- Personal Income Tax Return (ITR) for the last 2 assessment years
- Company owners need to carry their business registration certificate or proof of ownership
- Retired Indians should provide pension statements for the last 3 months
- Students or unemployed parents need to provide their personal bank account statements for the past 3 months
Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa and immigration services as well as products to aspiring overseas immigrants including Visit Visa for Schengen, Study Visa for Schengen, Y-International Resume 0-5 yrs, Y-International Resume (Senior Level) 5+ yrs, Y Jobs, Y-Path, Resume Marketing Services One State and One Country.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Travel to Schengen, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…