Common queries about the PTE exam
Posted on April 9, 2020
The Pearson Test of English or PTE is the world’s leading computer-based test of English for study abroad and immigration. It is accepted by many institutions such as Harvard Business School, INSEAD and Yale University.
Since a good score in the PTE exam is crucial to success in your attempts to study or immigrate abroad, it is better that you study for the exam under the guidance of an Online PTE Coaching Program to get your desired score.
Choose an online PTE training program that is intensive and will help you achieve your highest score. Choose online PTE Classes that provide experienced and certified tutors, use tested teaching techniques, and up to date material. This will ensure that you are well prepared for the test and gain mastery over the language.
The PTE is a computer-based exam that tests the candidate’s ability to use the English language effectively in his daily life. The grading system used in PTE is aimed at effectively evaluating the candidate’s proficiency in the English language.
Below is a list of common queries on the PTE and their answers:
1. What is the structure of the PTE exam?
The PTE Academic Test consists of three parts and assesses your skills in four different English skills.
2. What does the speaking test consist of?
This part of the test includes speaking exercises. The speaking exercises make use of a computer microphone and audio recording equipment to assess your speaking skills in English. This section of the PTE test consists of five parts:
- Read aloud: In this section, you will be given a short passage of text which you will have to read aloud.
- Repeat sentence: In this section, you will hear a recording of somebody saying a sentence in English. Once it is finished, you must repeat the sentence you just heard exactly before recording is completed.
- Describe image: You will be given a fixed time to study the image presented to you on the screen. After this, you will have to describe the image in the time given.
- Re-tell lecture: In this section, you will listen to a short academic lecture on a given topic. After the lecture is over you will be given ten seconds to prepare a simple summary of the lecture and then read it aloud.
- Answer short questions: You will be asked a few questions and you will have to give immediate responses in one or two words.
3. What is the structure of the writing section?
There are two questions in this section. In the first section, you will be required to summarize written text, which will test reading and writing skills. In this section, you will read a text of up to 300 words and will get 10 minutes to write your summary.
In the second section, you will have to write a 200-300-word argumentative essay and have 20 minutes to answer.
4. What is the scoring pattern in the PTE?
The scoring in PTE is done from 10 to 90 with 10 being the lowest and 90 being the highest. Increments happen by 1 point. The test is scored based on the candidate’s ability to read, write, speak and understand instructions given in English.
Take the help of a comprehensive PTE Online Coaching Service to prepare well and get the desired score in your PTE exam.