Get the latest and most useful updates on overseas careers, immigration, travel and visas here.

Countries for B-school aspirants that offer easy work visas

Posted on October 27, 2020
Comment (0)
Share :

Work Visa

So, you have decided to do business studies. After your studies, you want to work overseas. Nice thought, great going; but have you planned which country to move to? We think we could help.

Most developed nations of the world are open to accepting educated and skilled professionals from foreign countries. It serves them their purpose of innovative development and economic growth, with the core jobs in the right hands.

A country as developed as the US may for now be reluctant to accept immigrants and foreign workers to man the jobs open in the country. But examples like Canada and Australia always tell us that the globe is no more a bunch of waterlogged cultures but a big mix of people and their endeavors connected and nourished by variables like knowledge, skill, and technology.

Hence, if you are preparing to find the best place to go and start your job after business studies, you should learn about countries that offer work visas the easiest in the world. Once you get to know them and are set to work abroad jobs won’t be hard to find.

Here are a few countries that offer work visas easier than the rest:


Let’s start with an obvious choice that’s synonymous now with opportunities and immigration. Canada boasts a flexible immigration system that has well been extended for international students. The PGWP gives students who study in Canada the opportunity to find work after their graduation.

Now, students who are forced to stay away from Canada due to travel restrictions owing to COVID-19, are given special consideration. Students who start their study program in the fall can complete up to 50% of the program online from their home country. They will still be retaining the eligibility for a PGWP.

The PGWP allows international students who have graduated for at least an 8-month program to apply for a visa of at least 9 months. If you have done a 2-year MBA program, you could apply for a PGWP with 3-year validity.  Under the Graduate Work stream, you can live and work in Australia for a maximum period of 18 months.

Alternatively, you could apply for PR under the CEC or FSWP. All you need is work experience in technical, professional, or managerial jobs.

Some of the top business schools in Canada are:

  • Ivey Business School
  • John Molson School of Business
  • UBC Sauder School of Business


Australia is a great choice when it comes to finding a job after studies. The country offers 2 types of post-study visas that help you to work in Australia:

  • Graduate Work stream
  • Post-Study Work stream

 For this, you will need to hold a qualification in a sector where Australia is facing a shortage of skills.

The Post-Study Work stream lets international students to stay from 2 to 4 years in the country. The term is decided by the degree you have completed.

An alternative is the GTI program. It’s a visa specific for work and residence meant for highly-skilled workers in the following areas:

  • Energy and Mining Technology
  • FinTech
  • Agri Tech
  • Cyber Security
  • MedTech
  • Space and Advanced Manufacturing
  • Data Science

Candidates must be able to earn salaries of AU$153,600. They could also be endorsed by a citizen of Australia or New Zealand in the same field as he/she is working in.

Some of the top business schools in Australia are:

  • Australian Graduate School of Management (AGSM)
  • Melbourne Business School

New Zealand

New Zealand is well-known for not just its beautiful landscapes but also the relatively stress-free visa system it has. The post-study work visa is offered to you if you have completed a relevant degree in New Zealand. The visa is granted for a period of up to 3 years. That’s enough time to look for a job after your business Master’s or MBA.

With the right experience and skills, you can, at the end of your post-study work visa, go for PR in the country via the Skilled Migrant Visa. If you have particular skills that fill the skill shortages of the country, this route will work fine for you. But note that currently, this route is not available due to COVID-19.

But then, if you are an entrepreneur, you can try for Entrepreneurship Work Visa. This visa offers you the opportunity to build a business in New Zealand for up to 3 years provided you have a business plan well thought of.


If you are well-educated and skilled, you can take advantage of the many work visa options Germany offers. The EU Blue Card scheme offers non-EU citizens with professional experience and a job contract in the country a work permit and residence. Under the EU Blue Card scheme, you can enjoy the same working rights as German nationals. You can also move freely in the Schengen area with the card.

You may extend your residence permit after doing your graduation with a business degree in Germany. This can be done up to 18 months to find a job. Once you get a job, you can stay in Germany and apply for a residence permit.

But what if you are back in your home country after studies and want to seek a job in Germany? You can opt for the German Job Seeker visa. With this visa, you can return to Germany for up to 6 months to find a job. And the best part is that every German visa can be had at a cost of just €75.


If you are a student looking for the best MBA destinations, Singapore shouldn’t have missed your consideration. The country is quite popular for MBA aspirants. The top B-schools in Singapore include Singapore Management University and NUS Business School.

After graduating from a higher education program in Singapore you can apply for a short-term visit pass that will allow you to stay in the country for 30-90 days more. After getting the pass, you can apply for a long-term visit pass with which you can stay up to a year in Singapore.

Coming to work permit options, you have options like:

The Employment Pass, which is designed for executives, managers, and professionals who earn over S$3,900 per month. Such a worker will also be sponsored by the employer for up to 2 years.

The S Pass is meant for mild-skilled workers. The pass offers a stay for up to 2 years for graduates earning a minimum of S$2,400 per month.

The Netherlands

The Netherlands is well-known for the relaxed work-life balance it offers. The country also features flexibility in work visas.

A good option for you is the Orientation Visa. It offers the following:

  • A residence permit for non-EU citizens without almost no restrictions
  • Permit to stay and work in the country for a year after completing your graduation
  • Asks for no proof of sufficient funds
  • Covers working in temporary jobs like freelancing, internships, and even own business

So, all this should give you some direction to explore in for a bright future. Go ahead and choose the country you find the most appealing.

If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…

France, a world-class destination for higher studies


PGWP – Post-Graduate Work Permit

PR – Permanent Residence

GTI – Global Talent Independent

Share :

More Posts

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

fourteen + 19 =




Follow Us

We want to hear from you!