Discover the Top 20 Universities in Australia for a MS in Economics
Posted on September 2, 2023
Pursue a Masters in Economics in Australia
- Easy and affordable tuition fees.
- Masters in Economics in just 2 years.
- Scholarship awards up to CAD 50,000.
- Up to 4 years of post-study work permit.
- AUD 70,000 to AUD 140,000 per year salary.
Why choose an MS in Economics in Australia?
Australia is the 3rd most demanded destination in the world for studying abroad. There are a number to benefits for pursuing Master in Economics in Australia:
- High-quality education: Australia is home to the top universities in the world for economic studies. Australian universities offer the best programs that prepare students for a successful career in economics.
- Research-based courses: Australian universities are also well known for their economic research courses. The universities provide an opportunity to work with experienced economists and contribute to advanced research.
- Excellent jobs: Australia has a strong economy and a high demand for graduates in economics. Masters in Economics from an Australian university is in demand and recognized all over the world.
Top 20 Universities in Australia for MS in Economics
The top 20 universities to pursue masters in Economics in Australia:
|University||Tuition Fee ($)AUD||Rank in Australia|
|University of Melbourne||45,288 – 91,824||1|
|University of New South Wales||43,680 – 85,440||2|
|The University of Sydney||48,500 – 57,000||3|
|Monash University||44,000 – 45,000||4|
|The University of Queensland||45,696 – 46,112||5|
|The University of Western Australia||37,000 – 38,000||6|
|The University of Adelaide||43,500 – 44,500||7|
|RMIT University||35,520 – 37,440||8|
|The University of Newcastle||37,920 – 39,680||9|
|Curtin University||36,000 – 37,000||10|
|Queensland University of Technology||40,300 – 41,800||11|
|Deakin University||35,200 – 37,700||12|
|Griffith University||31,500 – 35,500||13|
|Swinburne University of Technology||33,300 – 34,500||14|
|The University of Technology Sydney||35,160 – 38,940||15|
|Victoria University||29,000 – 35,000||16|
|Edith Cowan University||28,800 – 36,600||17|
|University of Wollongong||31,440 – 34,320||18|
|Murdoch University||31,200 – 34,400||19|
|University of South Australia||31,200 – 34,400||20|
Eligibility for pursuing MS in Economics in Australia
To be eligible for admission at any Australian university to pursue an MS in Economics, students must meet the following requirements:
- Students must hold a bachelor’s degree in economics or relevant with a minimum score of 65%.
- Students must submit a proof of English language proficiency.
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Requirements for pursuing MS in Economics in Australia
The general documents required for admission at any Australian university for pursuing master in economics are:
- A subclass 500 visa application.
- Confirmation of Enrolment.
- English language proficiency test scores.
- Proof of financial support for tuition fees and living expenses.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
- Passport size photographs.
- A valid passport.
Steps to apply for admission
To apply for admission at any Australian university to pursue an MS in economics, students must follow the steps given below:
- Do research on the universities and select one according to their ability and goals.
- Go through the admission requirements of the selected university and must meet their need.
- Apply for admission online by filling out and submitting the application form online through the official website before the deadline.
- Submit the required documents to support your application for further process.
- Wait for the selection process. If selected, you will be notified by mail, and the student may have to attend an interview (if required).
Post Study Work Opportunity in Australia
Australia is a great place to work after completing graduation. International students who graduate in economics from any university in Australia are allowed to work up to 2 – 4 years in Australia. Australia’s post-study work opportunity allows graduates to gain valuable experience and get socially connected to their field.
Masters in economics in Australia provides many opportunities in the field of economics. Australia is home to top universities that provide high-quality education. If you are planning to pursue masters in economics at any Australian university, it would be a great choice.