Do I need a job offer to immigrate to Canada?
Posted on May 11, 2022
Immigrating to Canada does not actually need a job offer. Few immigration programs are such a way that the applicant can be eligible for an immigration program based on his work or study. There are 100+ standard economy class immigration routes or pathways to Canada which do not need job offer or any other funds for family and refugee class immigration programs.
Immigration Programs for newcomers to Canada which do not need a job offer:
- Express Entry:
Express Entry is an application management system has three immigration programs.
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
These three programs need work experience but not a Canadian job offer to be eligible for immigration program. Applicants that are eligible for any the programs need a score called Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), which assigns points for the factors like age, education, language ability and work experience.
Do you want work in Canada? Speak to Y-Axis overseas immigration career consultant for guidance.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) usually welcomes the express entry candidates who has highest scores for immigrating to Canada for every two weeks.
IRCC invites CEC and FSWP candidates to apply in this July, 2022, after adjourning the draws to cope up with pandemic loss.
*Check your Eligibility to Canada through Y-Axis Canada Immigration point’s calculator
Express Entry was the one and only immigration program before 2022 and the other immigration program Provincial Nominee program (PNP) allows provinces and territories in creating their own programs for immigrating to Canada. Some of these PNP provinces also provide few immigration programs which do not require a job offer.
Following are the PNP programs that do not need a job opportunity:
- Ontario Human capital priorities stream:
- Each and Every year almost one third of newcomers visit Canada and get settled in Ontario.
- Many immigrants choose Ontario due to its large number of job opportunities where many of them pay high wages and distinctive population.
- Almost 8000 candidates or applicants receive Ontario nominations every year.
- The candidate do not need to have a job offer, one can submit application through Ontario human capital priorities stream.
- This stream permits the eligible express entry candidates, who satisfy the requirements like work experience, language expertise etc. to Ontario.
- If an applicant is having an active express entry profile and satisfy the requirements set by Ontario will be considered for applying to the Ontario human capital priorities stream.
Willing to migrate to Canada? Consult Y-Axis overseas immigration experts for guidance
- BC Skills Immigration international post-graduate:
- If the applicant has a graduate degree in science from a qualified institution or university of British Columbia, they can get the Canadian permanent residence ship even without having a job offer.
- These Science graduates are permitted to apply for Skills Immigration International post graduate category for work opportunity. The BC government requests the immigration candidates with masters or PhD degree from applied, natural or health science programs.
- To satisfy the eligibility set by British Columbia, one needs to submit their application within three years to BC PNP from the date of entry.
- The applicant needs to prove the ability and intention to work and settle in BC.
- The applicants do need any Express Entry profile to become eligible for BC PNP.
- The applicant do not need any job offer prior to apply for this BC immigration.
Submitting the proof of residence from the day you landed.
Submitting the work proof, study and family ties to BC.
For more updates on Canadian immigration and many more, click here…
- Alberta Express Entry:
The applicants do not require any job offer to apply for Alberta Express Entry Stream.
To receive an invite from Alberta using this stream, the applicants must have to create an Express Entry Profile and show interest to get settled in Alberta.
Eligibility Criteria for Alberta Express Entry Stream:
- One should have a valid Express Entry Profile under the IRCC.
- Have a strong will to immigrate to Alberta
- Should be working for the skilled occupation, which supports Alberta’s economy
- Must have a minimum CRS score as 300
- If the applicant has a job offer from Alberta or have some work experience in Alberta has high chances of getting the invite for this province.
- A post graduate from Canadian Institution or University will also receive a notice of interest.
- If the applicant has a sibling or parent or child who is a permanent resident or any Canadian citizen who is living in Alberta province also have chances to get a notice of interest.
- Saskatchewan express entry, Occupational list:
The Saskatchewan has many immigration has two different provincial nomination streams which do not require a job.
Express Entry-linked Stream – To be eligible for this stream, one needs to have an active Federal express entry profile and can apply.
Occupation In-Demand Stream – This Stream requires for skilled workers to fill in the needs of labour market. Work experience for 1 year with the concerned skill will be qualified to get eligible for Saskatchewan Occupation in-demand stream.
- Nova Scotia labour market priorities:
Nova Scotia province has multiple number of immigration ways for various profiles of candidates.
One of the immigration pathway is Nova Scotia labour Market priorities (NSMP) stream.
The NSMP serves the applicants who are willing to move to Nova Scotia without a job offer.
Eligibility Criteria for NSMP:
- The applicant must have valid and active Express Entry profile.
- The profile need to contain an interest to move to Nova Scotia.
- The applicant had to receive a notice of interest from the Nova Scotia province.
- Must satisfy the requirements set by Nova Scotia by the time you receive the Letter of interest.
- The applicant should have the mandate work experience as per the Express Entry profile mentioned under IRCC.
- All work concerned documents must be provided when asked.
- Must have a valid immigration status in the country that you live currently.
- Should have proper funds to support yourself and your family.
The above mentioned programs do not require any job offer to get permanent residency status before even you begin your job search. This will ease the Canadian employers to hire you.
Want to know about different immigration processes for Canada? Talk to Y-Axis, the world’s no.1 overseas immigration consultant?
Found this article more interesting, you may also read…