TOEFL is divided into 2 type of test TOEFL Essentials and TOEFL iBT. Each test analyses different parameters of an applicant.
About the TOEFL Essentials Test:
TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language is an international level exam that ETS conducts that many universities from foreign countries accept. The TOEFL Essentials Test is designed mainly on:
- Conceptual and General content: These questions measure the student’s proficiency, which is beyond actual academic studies.
- Flexible format: The essentials test will precisely check student skill levels using multi-phase methods.
- A global test: A test combines different accents and situations worldwide to give an international feel.
- Tiny Tasks: The test makes the student experience a friendly environment while performing.
*Trying to get world class coaching in TOEFL? Be one among the Y-Axis coaching batch , by booking your slot today.
Format of the Test:
- Basic fundamental four skills: The test has four primary skills. Reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
- Basic foundational English knowledge: Specific elements like sentence formation and vocabulary are measured throughout the test.
- Duration of the test: The length of the test and its difficulty in it is based on admission.
- 5-minute video: the unscored video is recorded at the end of the test, summarizing the test taken response and two generic questions.
Every TOEFL Essential score report is included in My Best scores. A combination of test-takers performance is recorded as the best score, which is collected from valid tests in the last two years.
There is an option called Instant scores, which gives an unofficial reading score and listening score. One can get early.
*Ace your TOEFL score with the help of Y-Axis coaching professionals.
Usual Score Requirements for TOEFL Essentials or TOEFL iBT
- TOEFL scores are considered as bands.
- After taking the test, the official score will be posted on the ETS website six days after one’s test date.
- There is no additional charge to send the scorecard to as many institutions as possible. [There is the only limit of 20 score reports per transaction.
- TOEFL iBT also gives a similar scorecard.
Tips for scoring the requirements
- Always consider the minimum section score for success in the TOEFL test. The Section scores differ from one applicant to another and provide a clear picture.
- In the initial days, set a flexible score to reach.
- Review your score requirements periodically.
- Opt for the language support department available in your institution or connect with a professional trainer online or offline.
- The common European framework of reference for languages (CEFR) has set a score level, which many universities consider to map level B2 or higher for fair language demands.
*Go through the Y-Axis Coaching Demo Videos to get an idea for TOEFL preparation.
Best scores in TOEFL Test:
- Every university has its own TOEFL cut-off score as its university score requirement. But basically, the students are encouraged to get higher scores than to get admission to their desired university.
- Any score above the TOEFL cut-off will be considered or qualifies the university set score requirement.
- The average TOEFL score is not too high nor too low, is it considered somewhere in-between the score. Getting a good score will help students gain admission to their desired university. Sometimes also allows being eligible for the scholarship or grants provided by the university.
- The TOEFL scores are valid for two years from the date of examination.
- Applicants can register for re-writing the TOEFL test. The window period for writing two TOEFL tests should be three days.
Difference between TOEFL Essentials test and TOEFL iBT Test:
The TOEFL Essentials test and the TOEFL iBT tests are used to meet university admission’s English-language requirements.
These two tests provide high-quality options for various applicants to expand their applicant pool potentially.
To make it easier for institutions and compare the scores, the score comparison table the overall band score and each section’s band scores of the TOEFL test. TOEFL iBT test scores are used for the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) proficiency levels.
|Level of Test||TOEFL Essentials band score (1-12)||TOEFL iBT score (0-120)|
|Below A1||1-1.5||Not Applicable|
Y-Axis coaching services, the best choice to score high in TOEFL exams..
Found this article interesting? Then read more..
8 Important Tips to Practice Grammar Effectively for the TOEFL Exam
Essentials required for Shortcut to high score for TOEFL test
Posted on April 29, 2022