Expert Tips to score high in IELTS in just a month
Posted on April 21, 2022
Booked a slot for IELTS and did not have enough time to prepare for it. Don’t worry. This article can help to score well in IELTS within a month.
It would help if you were more organized to crack this in less time.
IELTS is an English proficiency test that many universities accept in the US, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and many more countries. This test enables you to move to any English-speaking country. It needs your valuable time and dedication.
It is designed to evaluate your speaking, reading, writing, and listening skills.
Trying for world class coaching in IELTS? Be one among the Y-Axis coaching batch , by booking your slot today.
IELTS Test and its sections:
|IELTS Section||Time for each section|
Following are the ways to crack IELTS and score 7+ band:
- Understanding the IELTS Structure & Format: Understanding the IELTS Test format is essential to attempt and score high. It has four elements Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening. Practice mock tests to understand the questioning pattern, then only you can attempt questioning.
Expert Tip: Assign at least two days for each section and practice mock tests on each.
Ace your IELTS score with the help of Y-Axis coaching professionals.
- Writing Skills vs. Reading Skills: These two are different modules. Reading and listening skills are cognitive skills, whereas writing and speaking skills are called production skills. Mastering these skills can lead you to succeed. Allotting at least an hour for each skill.
Expert Tip: Listening to BBC news, interviews, commercials, and movies can help you verse with tones and accents.
- Figuring out your Strengths and Weaknesses: Instead of jumping into preparations blindly, it is essential to analyze our strengths and weaknesses. The IELTSedge has stated that most students need expert help to improve their writing and speaking skills.
Expert Tip: Learning at least fifteen to twenty new terms each day and doing exercises on them will help assess our strengths and weaknesses. Aiming for at least two mock tests per day will result in a better IELTS band score.
- Practice and Feedback: Once you understand the IELTS way of test and have learned each section. Now learn and relearn the IELTS style of questions and practice these mock tests repeatedly. This will result in optimum usage of the time allotted to write the examination.
On top of that, practicing is not enough, so always look for feedback. Analyze and assess what went wrong and change your approach to know your difficulty.
Expert Tip: As you will not have time to read every word, so always concentrate on practicing reading passages and scanning keywords to optimize time management.
*Go through the Y-Axis Coaching Demo Videos to get an idea for IELTS preparation.
- Enroll in a Training course online: IELTS does not just interpret your production and comprehension skills but also tests your stamina and longevity. Attempt the mock test that the trainer refers to, and they assess your answers and provide you feedback on where you need to improve and relearn the skills. It is always recommended to enroll in any IELTS coaching online.
Expert Tip: prepare your timetable for one month to cover all the topics and mock tests. Give at least 4 hours per day to practice and one hour for each section every day.
Willing to study in US? Talk to Y-Axis, the World’s no.1 overseas career consultant
Found this blog interesting? Read more..