France’s Skills & Talents Permit
Posted on October 13, 2009
Thanks to our pulse on the global migration opportunities, Y-Axis is the first in the market to present the opportunity to work and settle in France. We take great pride in saying there is no other consultant in India promoting this product. It is a first from Y-Axis because of our continuous research & drive to ensure that we are the pioneers in the business. We present to you – France’s Skills & Talents Permit.
• Granted to a foreign national who is likely to make, by virtue of his or her skills and talents, a significant and lasting contribution to the economic development of France and his or her home country
• The applicant is required to show an outstanding project to apply for this permit
• Visa is valid for 3 years, is renewable & allows the holder to carry out any professional activity of their choice in connection with their project or business
• Only foreign nationals living legally in France or residing abroad may apply
• The holder’s family members will be issued with a “Private and Family Life” permit allowing them to work
What is a ‘Project’?
• The card is normally issued for a professional project
• A project must be in detail and supported by all relevant documentation
• Y-Axis will prepare this project in consultation with you and also advise you on the supporting documents for your project.
Professionals – Education
• Any professional with a degree & work experience can apply for the Skills & Talents Permit
• Applicant must have a minimum of a Bachelors Degree with work experience. Artists and athletes are exempted from this rule
• PhD holders do not require work experience
• Masters or higher degrees in physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, computer -sciences , agronomy, marketing, human resources, management, finance, actuarial and accounting will be given
• Highly Skilled Professionals specializing in the above areas, with relevant work experience & high income stand a great chance of getting this permit conditional to the project being detailed, substantial & superior
Professionals – Annual Income
• Whatever the degree, a level of income, comparable to that of a senior executive in France is required.
• There is no fixed figure & to determine income the age of the applicant and the nature of the project will be considered.
• An applicant older than 30 years should in principle strictly meet the criteria of income.
• A candidate without a degree/diploma will have to justify a professional experience of at least 5 years & a high level of income
Who can apply for this visa?
• Indian Companies
• Indian Investors or Businessmen
• Anyone who can show he/she will be an asset to the French Economy or Culture
Investors, Entrepreneurs & Businessmen
• You are eligible for the “Skills and Talents “ permit if you can show one the following economic projects:
– Project leading to the creation of at least two jobs, including the yours in France, or to the safeguarding of at least two jobs in France
– Project including an investment in tangible assets (acquisition of land, buildings and equipments) or intangible assets (transfer of technology , rights, patents, licenses, know-how or unpatented technical knowledge) of at least 300.000 Euros (Rs.2.0+ crores)
– Project sponsored by a foreign company created for at least two years or already established in France
• France is the largest country in the European Union
• France has been a major power for many centuries with strong economic, cultural, military and political influence
• France is a developed country and possesses the fifth largest economy by nominal GDP and eighth largest economy by purchasing power parity
• It is the most visited country in the world, receiving 82 million foreign tourists annually
• France is one of the founding members of the European Union, and has the largest land area of all members
• France, as with many modern industrialized nations, has a large and diverse industrial base. Leading industrial sectors in France are telecommunications (including communication satellites), aerospace and defense, ship building (naval and specialist ships), pharmaceuticals, construction and civil engineering, chemicals, and automobile production (3.5m units in 2005)
• France is the leading agricultural producer in France, the third largest producer of weapons in the world
• Fashion has been important industry and cultural export of France since the seventeenth century, and modern “haute couture” originated in Paris in the 1860s
• Today, Paris, along with Tokyo, London, Milan, and New York City, is considered one of the world’s fashion capitals, and the city is home or headquarters to many of the premier fashion houses