The Federal Skilled Trades Program opens pathways to the Canada PR
Posted on February 12, 2019
The Federal Skilled Trades Program or FSTP enables Immigrants to get jobs in Canada. Subsequently, that helps them get the Canada PR. The FSTP gives Overseas Workers a chance to get the invite to apply for Canada PR.
The Canadian Government publishes a list of potential Immigrants every year. It is called the National Occupational Classification (NOC) list. This list comprises the skilled trades which are in shortage in the country, as quoted by VISAGUIDE.world. Each year nearly 3000 Immigrants are invited for Canada PR through FSTP. Let’s have a quick look at the various aspects of this program.
There are 5 different types of eligibility criteria for FSTP.
- Work experience requirement:
The NOC consists of 5 different skill levels – 0, A, B, C, D. The skill level A is limited to 100 people only. However, skill level B is not limited and includes the following skills –
- Minor Group 633 – Bakers and chefs
- Major Group 72 – Electrical and Construction Trades
- Major Group 73 – Maintenance Trades
- Major Group 82 – Technical jobs in Agriculture
- Major Group 92 – Processing and manufacturing
- Education requirement:
Candidates must specify if they have acquired any of the following –
- Canadian secondary or post-secondary diploma
- Education credential assessment from an approved agency
Meeting one of the criteria increases the chance of getting the invite for Canada PR.
- Language requirement:
Candidates should meet the minimum points for either English or French. The Canadian Language Benchmark for speaking and listening is CLB 5. That for reading and writing is CLB 4.
- Admissibility requirement:
Immigrants will not be admissible to enter Canada if they fail to meet the criteria set by the Canadian Government.
- They should not pose a security risk
- They must not have committed human rights violations
- They should not have been convicted of a crime within or outside of Canada
- They should not have serious health issues
- They should not have a serious financial problem
- Provincial requirement :
Candidates must apply for the Certificate of Qualifications to the province they are willing to migrate to. The province will assess their level of experience. Once they attain the certificate, they can apply for the Canada PR.
The following documents are mandatory for Immigrants –
- A valid passport
- Language test results
- Education credential assessment report
- Police certificate
- Medical exams
- Proof that you have enough funds to bear the cost of travel and the first few months of living
The FSTP application process:
Immigrants should follow the below steps to apply for the Canada PR.
- Candidates must possess a Government of Canada account
- They will be prompted to take an eligibility test for FSTP
- If eligible, candidates will have to complete their profile and submit it
- The Canadian Government will select profiles from the available pool based on their points
- Once selected, candidates will receive an invite for Canada PR
- The invitation will have all the details pertaining to the Canada PR application process
- Candidates will have 60 days to complete the Canada PR application
Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa and immigration services as well as products to overseas immigrants including Business Visa for Canada, Work Visa for Canada, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Express Entry Full Service, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Express Entry P R Application, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Provinces, and Education Credential Assessment. We work with Regulated Immigration Consultants in Canada.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…