Global Talent Stream and Provincial Nominee Programs pathway to Tech jobs in Canada
Posted on April 22, 2022
Canada is welcoming global new talent to build their careers. Canada’s job market has been rising for the last 3-5 years. Tech jobs stand in the top 10 in the list of enormous demands. However, there are more in-demand tech jobs during the pre-pandemic time to date.
*Check your Eligibility to Canada through Y-Axis Canada Immigration point’s calculator
Reasons to build a tech career in Canada:
Instead of the US, many are willing to build their careers in technology in Canada. There are four main reasons for this.
- High requirement for tech jobs: Back then, foreign nationals highly applied for H1-B Visa and visited the US for high-skilled tech jobs. Later in the year 2017, the story was changed. The H1-B visas are being challenged, and sometimes outright denials also happen. These days becoming a skilled US foreign worker has become very difficult.
When the US made their H1-B visa rules strict, Canada launched a global skill strategy program to attract foreign investments and attract top-notch talent to Canada. There is a process called Global Talent stream, where a Canadian can apply for high tech salaries, and authorization of work can be obtained in a few weeks’ time. No excessive paperwork, no headaches, and extended overtime. According to 2022 Canada reports, there are a lot of jobs in the Technical stream.
- Easy to get a visa in a technology-based environment: Canada is experiencing a huge requirement for tech occupations from the world’s biggest companies. There has been a huge gain in tech requirements since 2018. Canada is trying to attract foreign nationals by offering hassle-free processes to obtain visas. Canada crossed and left San Francisco and Seattle behind in filling up the required tech occupations by foreign nationals.
- Montreal is a hub: Montreal is one of the largest cities in Canada’s Quebec province. Due to great universities, great companies, and many other factors. Montreal is the right option to work for genuinely innovative, cutting-edge technology opportunities.
- Obtain PR quickly: Canada is one of the immigrant-friendly countries globally at present. Canada has a simple route to getting permanent residence and can confidently apply for Canadian citizenship without putting much effort.
If you want to apply for Canadian PR, talk to our overseas immigration expert for assistance
Categories to get tech jobs in Canada
The growth in high-skilled Tech jobs in Canada or workforce enables huge investments in the tech companies, also scaling down the technical capabilities across the country.
The working capital investment has seen a 215 percent to hit 14.2 billion in the last year, of which 9 million is from communications, technology, and information sectors. This enabled recruitment of more tech jobs.
Companies like Wealth simple Canada and 1 password have doubled their workforce in the past two years. The arrivals of global players are Walmart Canada, Reddit, Amazon, Google, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Meta have initiated hiring for tech jobs like software engineers, web developers, and information technology specialists to improve their career growth.
Soon these global tech companies are becoming a significant hub in Canada.
There are two types of programs for Canadian employers to hire highly skilled foreign talent.
- Temporary foreign worker program (TFWP)
- International mobility program (IMP)
One has to attempt Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) for any program. It’s a document issued by Canada’s employment and social development authority (ESDC), which says that hiring a foreign national to fill in the requirement as no Canadian worker or permanent resident is available.
Do you want work in Canada? Speak to Y-Axis overseas immigration career consultant for guidance
Occupations that do not require LMIA
- Jobs that are included in an international trade accord
- Jobs are part of an accord between the federal government and a provincial government.
- Jobs that are deemed in the best interest rate of Canada.
Do you have a dream to migrate to Canada? Talk to Y-Axis overseas migration consultant.
Pathways for a Canadian work permit
Global talent stream: This stream is one of the temporary foreign worker programs which grants Canadian work permits, and the visa application processing is two weeks. This service used to have a massive experience due to backlogs in applications before immigration and refugee.
Express entry system stream: employers can bring the foreign nations by using this stream. The applicants who satisfy the eligibility criteria are known as an express of interest come under the express entry pool / federal immigration program or to a province nominal program (PNP). Those filled in applications can be sent online.
The candidate profiles are matched. Dad tanked among the points-based system to check their eligibility, also called a comprehensive Ranking system.
Found this article more interesting, you may also read..