Get the latest and most useful updates on overseas careers, immigration, travel and visas here.

Here’s how you can get a residency in Italy

Posted on October 10, 2018
Comment (0)
Share :

Work permit visa Italy

Italy is a favourite holiday destination. The country’s people and culture will make you want to stay there for longer. While applying for an Italian residency can be a long and complex process, here are a few tips on how you can ace it.

If you are a citizen of the EU member states, you will have a right to live, travel and work in Italy for a period of 90 days. You can do so without registering with the Italian authorities. Along with the EU member states, citizens from Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland are also eligible. All you will need is an identity card or a passport. If you are planning to stay for less than three months, you can show the declaration of presence at the police station.

If you wish to stay longer than 90 days, you will have to apply for residence certificate at the registry office. When you apply for this, you will have to provide the proof of employment, training to study in Italy. You must also prove that you have enough financial means to support yourself and your dependents. According to the Local it, to open an Italian bank account, you must get a personal Italian tax code.

If you are from the EU member states, you can apply for Permanent Residency if you have lived in Italy for a period of five years continuously. You must submit your application before the expiry date of your current Residency Permit. But if you move out of Italy for a period of two years, the Permanent Resident status will get expired.

If you are from Canada, Australia, New Zealand or the USA, you don’t need a Tourist Visa to stay in Italy for 90 days. If you are not from the EU member states, you should register yourself with the local police headquarters within eight working days. In case you plan to stay for more than 90 days, you must apply for a visa at the Italian embassy.

Based on the purpose of your visit, there are different types of visas.

You don’t need an Italian Work Permit if you are a resident of any of the EU countries, Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland. But if you are from any other country, you will need a Work Permit. If you are a student from a non-EU country, you must get a Student Visa before entering Italy.

You can also apply for a self-employed visa in case you want to start your own business in Italy. To do so, you must prove your qualifications and meet the terms and conditions. For those who would like to invest, Italy offers a Golden Visa.

If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…

Italy will offer 30, 850 Work Visas to overseas immigrant workers in 2018

Share :


More Posts

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

8 + 4 =



Follow Us

We want to hear from you!