How can Overseas Immigrants get Canadian Visa?
Posted on December 6, 2018
Canada being one of the most developed countries is an attractive destination to Overseas Immigrants. But Overseas Immigrants often worry about the Canadian Visa process. It is said to be one of the most challenging ones.
There are 4 types of Canadian Visa: –
- Temporary Resident Visa – It could be single or multiple entries. Multiple Entry Visa would be valid for up to 10 years. Single entry one would be valid for a time period of 6 months
- Student Visa – Overseas students enrolled in Canadian Universities receive this Visa
- Work Permit – Experienced and Skilled Overseas workers get Work Permit from Canada
- Permanent Residency – Immigrants holding Student Visa or Work Permit can apply for Permanent Residency after gaining experience
To get a Canadian Visa, Overseas Immigrants must present the following information or documents.
- Completed Visa form and family information form
- Their passport must be valid for 2 months beyond their date of return
- Proof of application processing fee
- Bank statements, proof of investment, pay slips etc
- A letter from the institution or person who is sponsoring their trip
- Travel itinerary and flight tickets
- Proof of medical history
- If they are travelling for business, they would need to show a letter of invitation from the concerned person
There are two types of fee involved in the Canadian Visa process –
- Processing fee – It is about $77 when paid online or in person
- Biometrics – It is about $66 when paid online or in person
The fees are subject to change based on embassy decision.
How to apply for Canadian Visa:
Overseas Immigrants can apply for Canadian Visa either online or through a Visa application centre. It is advisable to consult an experienced Visa provider agency to avoid further delay.
The Immigration process is managed by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). The application for Canadian Visa can be submitted online on the IRCC website. Overseas Immigrants should have digital copies of their documents to be able to apply online.
There are authorized Canadian Visa application centers across the globe. One must be present in the application centers in person and submit their application forms. However, for collecting the passport and Visa, one might opt for a paid courier service. As reported by the TravelStartBlog, the cost of the same would be about $23.
Be it the online process or the in-person one, the following steps are mandatory for applicants.
- Download the documents checklist, the application form and family information form
- Fill out the forms
- Gather all supporting documents such as bank statements, pay slips, travel itinerary etc
- Pay the visa fees
- Submit application form at the local Visa application centre or online through the IRCC website
- Have all documents, forms and proof of payment handy
- Get the unique tracking number to track the progress
Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa and immigration services as well as products to overseas immigrants including Business Visa for Canada, Work Visa for Canada, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Express Entry Full Service, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Express Entry P R Application, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Provinces, and Education Credential Assessment. We work with Regulated Immigration Consultants in Canada.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…