How can Overseas Immigrants get Temporary Canadian Visa?
Posted on December 8, 2018
Canada is an attractive destination for Overseas Immigrants. People want to visit the country, stay there for study or work and acquire the Permanent Residency. To achieve all this, they require Temporary Canadian Visa.
Temporary Canadian Visa lets Overseas Immigrants stay in the country for up to 6 months. They must return to their home country after that. As reported by Visaguide, the Visa could be single entry or multiple entry. In case of multiple entry Visa, one is allowed to stay in Canada for 6 months at a time.
There are 5 types of Temporary Canadian Visa:
- Visitor Visa
- Student Visa
- Temporary Resident Permit
- Temporary Foreign Workers Visa
- Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA)
The Visa requirements are of two types:
- General Visa requirements – these must be fulfilled by applicants in all categories
- Visa Specific requirements – These are specific to the Visa type
Let’s have a look at the General Visa requirements :
- Overseas Immigrants must be at least 18 years old
- Children under 18 years old must apply with their parents
- Passport must be valid for longer than the time Overseas Immigrants will spend in Canada
- One blank page in the passport is a must
- Documents must be either in English or French
- Overseas Immigrants must have a clear criminal history
- Visa and processing fees must be paid
- Proof of biometric information is mandatory
- Overseas Immigrants submitting the application through the Visa Application centre must get a signed consent form
- Family information form must be filled out
- Bank statement and pay slips must be presented at the time of application
Visa Specific requirements depend on the Temporary Canadian Visa type.
- Immigrants applying for a Visitor Visa must have an invitation letter from family or friends in Canada
- Proof of language proficiency is a must for Visitor Visa
- For Student Visa, a letter stating how Overseas Immigrants would pay tuition and living costs is a must
- Proof of medical examination is mandatory in case of Temporary Workers Visa
- A valid job offer is a must for Temporary Workers Visa
The application process is more or less the same for all types of Temporary Canadian Visa.
- Overseas Immigrants must check their eligibility on the Canada Consulate website
- They should fill out a questionnaire and wait for the results
- They will receive a reference code as part of the result. They must save it for their application
- Creating an account on the Canada Consulate website is mandatory
- Download all the forms, fill them out and submit the same along with fees
- Overseas Immigrants should expect an interview call and biometric information during the process
- The process will take up to 2 months
- They must check the application status in their profile
- Once the Visa is approved, Overseas Immigrants should mail their passport to the Consulate
- Once the Visa is stamped on the passport, it will be mailed back
Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa and immigration services as well as products to overseas immigrants including Business Visa for Canada, Work Visa for Canada, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Express Entry Full Service, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Express Entry P R Application, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Provinces, and Education Credential Assessment. We work with Regulated Immigration Consultants in Canada.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…