How does Canada Provincial Nominee Program work?
Posted on June 16, 2022
- PNP picks the candidates who can add to the economic growth to offer permanent resident status.
- There are around 80 PNP streams focused on attracting graduates, workers, and entrepreneurs.
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
Provincial Nominee Program is designed in such a way to spread the benefits of immigration throughout Canada. The PNP was started in 1998 for the Federal and Provincial governments to benefit the immigration in Canada.
There are over 80 PNP streams that are designed to attract graduates, workers, and entrepreneurs. Except for Nunavut and Quebec, every other province have different labor force needs, so they offer a different PNP.
*Check your eligibility to Canada through Y-Axis Canada immigration points calculator
Need for Provincial Nomination
Immigration in Canada is a shared responsibility between federal and provincial governments. Provinces never had any influence in Canada’s history. This step resulted in the beginners who came to Canada for settlement choosing British Columbia, Quebec, and Ontario.
There were short immigration benefits in and around rural Canada, Atlantic Canada, and a few provinces. The PNP was established to give some jurisdictions for the whole of Canada to welcome and retain the newcomers. The PNP program is proven successful and became one of Canada’s leading economic class pathways or routes in 2022 and 2023.
PNP working procedure
To obtain permanent residence by using PNP. It has two ways to get a permanent residence by using PNP.
Base PNP stream nomination
The base PNP stream comes into the picture when the candidate applies directly to a PNP stream.
The province assesses the candidate’s eligibility criteria for the PNP stream and issues a letter of nomination.
For more information, also read…
Only then can the candidate apply through IRCC for permanent residence. According to statistics of IRCC, Presently, the permanent residence application processing duration is expected to be an average of 27 months.
*Need assistance to apply for Canadian PR visa? Then get professional guidance from Y-Axis Canada overseas immigration expert
Enhanced PNP stream nomination
The Enhanced PNP stream nomination is a second way to get permanent residence through PNP by using an enhanced nomination. Enhanced PNP streams are symmetrical with the federal Express Entry application system.
Express Entry programs
Candidates who are eligible for an Express Entry program, namely Federal Skilled Workers Program (FSWP), The Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP), and the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), can increase the probability of getting an Invitation to Apply (ITA) by obtaining the provincial nomination.
When the applicant creates an online Express Entry profile, it is available so that the provincial governments can also view it and decide if any candidate is a good fit for their province. The Express Entry profile also consists of an option to choose a province if the applicant can get settled there. This helps the provinces to generate and send a notification of interest to the applicant that they are invited to apply for their provincial nomination.
If the applicant is ok to get settled in the province, they accept it and submit an application to the province. If the candidate provided information satisfies the received letter of nomination, they would automatically get 600 points in the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). This score helps IRCC guarantee an ITA and more chances of obtaining a permanent residency. The processing time for using Enhanced PNP stream nomination is around six months.
*Do you want work in Canada? Speak to Y-Axis overseas Canada immigration career consultant for guidance.
Benefits of the PNP
- Around 80 PNP streams across Canada offer the candidates multiple options to gain permanent residence.
- The eligibility criteria of human capital characteristics like age, education, work experience, and language skills vary for provinces.
- An analysis says that the PNP program promotes the economic establishment of newcomers.
- The PNP has made a place in the market with a successful position to attract more skilled workers to the provinces.
- By dedicating provincial routes, along with the newly announced program for healthcare workers in Saskatchewan, the provinces are qualified to fill in the gaps in the workforce by offering skilled occupations to the newcomers.
- For the larger provinces like Alberta, British Columbia, and Ontario, the immigration levels are already at a peak.
- The PNPs are helping the provinces by targeting the specific labor market needs for the industries like healthcare and technology.
Do you have a dream to migrate to Canada? Talk to World’s no.1 Y-Axis Canada overseas migration consultant.
Found this article more interesting, you may also read…