How many points required for Canada PR visa in 2022?
Posted on November 29, 2021
Canadian permanent residence (PR) status has many pathways leading to it.
When you decide to take up permanent resident in Canada, the most-suitable Canada immigration pathway for you will be as per your individual circumstances and expectations.
In order to apply for permanent residency in Canada, you must first find out as to which immigration programs you might be most suited to. For this, you might log in to the official website of the Canadian government and make use of the Come to Canada tool.
By entering some basic information, you will be directed on to the Canada immigration programs that will work best for you.
Launched in 2015, the Express Entry system of Canada is the most sought-after immigration pathway leading to Canada PR.
Generally, those intending to immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker will have to go through the Express Entry system, an online application management system that comes under the department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Canada PR pathways available include –
– Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
– Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
– Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
· Quebec Selected Workers Program
– Alberta : Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program [AINP]
– British Columbia : British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program [BC PNP]
– Manitoba : Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program [MPNP]
– Ontario : Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program [OINP]
– Nova Scotia : Nova Scotia Nominee Program [NSNP]
– New Brunswick : New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program [NBPNP]
– Newfoundland and Labrador : Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program [NLPNP]
– Prince Edward Island : Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program [PEI PNP]
– Northwest Territories : Northwest Territories Provincial Nominee Program
– Saskatchewan : Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program [SINP]
– Yukon : Yukon Nominee Program [YNP]
· For Entrepreneur/self-employed person
· For family
· As an Investor
There are around 80 immigration pathways under Canadian PNP. Some of these are linked with IRCC Express Entry and referred to as enhanced nominations, with a completely online application process.
Worth 600 CRS ranking points – as per the 1,200-point Comprehensive Ranking System – a nomination through any of such Express Entry-linked PNP pathways guarantees an invitation to apply from IRCC.
Other PNP pathways exist independently of the federal Express Entry system. Nominations through such PNP streams are considered as base nominations and follow a paper-based application process.
Now, the answer to the question “how many points required for Canada PR visa in 2022?” will be as per the immigration pathway as well as the stage of the immigration process that you might be on.
- Canada Skilled Immigration Points Calculator
- Immigrate to Saskatchewan in Canada: SINP calculator
- Quebec Immigration Points Calculator
Here, we shall be reviewing the points required for Canada PR in 2022 via Express Entry. With a standard processing time of within six months, the Express Entry system is the most popular route to Canada PR.
|Points required for Canada PR visa in 2022 – Express Entry|
|For eligibility||67 points, out of a 100-point points grid|
|For receiving an ITA||Depends on IRCC requirement, varies from draw to draw
In 2021, so far –· Minimum CRS requirement: 75 (in CEC-only #176 draw)· Maximum CRS requirement: 813 (in PNP-only #171 draw)
Note. ITA: Invitation to Apply.
Those intending to immigrate to Canada through the Express Entry system will have to meet the points requirement at two separate stages of the process.
67 points will have to be scored to be able to create an Express Entry profile.
|Points Calculation for Express Entry in 2022|
|For eligibility||67 points
6 Factors assessed –
 Language skills (maximum points – 28) Education (maximum points – 25) Work experience (maximum points – 15) Age (maximum points – 12) Arranged employment in Canada (maximum points – 10) Adaptability (maximum points – 10)You must be 18 years old and above to be able to apply.Age between 18 and 35 years is worth the maximum 12 points on age factor.There is no upper limit on age. However, age 47 and older will not get you any points on the eligibility calculation.
|For receiving an ITA||Invitations are sent out based on the ranking in the federal Express Entry pool. It is the highest-ranked that are invited to apply by IRCC.
Factors assessed for CRS calculation –
A. Core / human capital factors
· Age· Level of education· Official languages proficiency· Canadian work experienceHere, points are allotted per factor, based on whether applying with or without a spouse or common-law partner.
B. Spouse or common-law partner factors (maximum points for the factor: 40)
· Level of education· Official language proficiency· Canadian work experience
C. Skill Transferability factors (maximum points for the factor: 100)
· Education· Foreign work experience· Certificate of qualification (for those in trade occupations
|A + B + C = 600 CRS points|
|D. Additional points (maximum points for the factor: 600)
· PNP nomination· Arranged employment· French language skills· Post-secondary education in Canada· Brother/sister living in Canada as a PR/citizen
A PNP nomination is worth 600 CRS points. A job offer in Canada can get you 200 CRS points.
|GRAND TOTAL – A + B + C + D = maximum 1,200 CRS points|
While you might create a profile in the Express Entry system, you cannot apply for Canadian permanent residence through IRCC Express Entry unless specifically invited by IRCC.
Achieving a high – and competitive – CRS score is a critical factor in ensuring an ITA by IRCC. Not all Express Entry candidates are invited to submit an application.
An Express Entry profile is valid for one year from the date of submission to IRCC.
|Worth 600 CRS points in itself, a PNP nomination guarantees an ITA by IRCC.
Even with a low human capital score of CRS 87, an Express Entry candidate that is able to secure a PNP nomination will come to a CRS 687 as their grand total (87 + 600 CRS points for PNP nomination).
As on November 22, 2021, there were 577 candidates in the Express Entry pool with their ranking in the CRS 601 to 1,200 score range. The total number of profiles in the IRCC pool, on the other hand, was 190,102.
Canada will be granting 411,000 permanent resident visas in 2022. Many of these will go out through economic immigration programs of the federal government of Canada.
As per a report, 92% of newcomers to Canada found their community to be welcoming. Moreover, cities in Canada are generally more affordable as compared to the US and the UK.
If you are looking to Work, Study, Invest, Visit, or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No. 1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like …