How to apply for work visa for Luxembourg in 2023?
Posted on January 25, 2023
Why Luxembourg Work Visa?
- Luxembourg is the 2nd most prosperous country in the world.
- The average annual income in Luxembourg is 77,220 Euros.
- Luxembourg has one of the lowest unemployment rates in Europe.
- The average working hours in Luxembourg is 40 hours per week.
- Expats have the benefit of tax exemptions for the first 5 years they live in the country.
Job opportunities in Luxembourg
Luxembourg offers a good standard of living for natives and foreign nationals alike. It is a cosmopolitan country with a tradition of welcoming international individuals. It is an excellent place to settle and build a career abroad.
Luxembourg offers a broad range of financial services, with many job opportunities in banking, accounting, or tax. The IT sector, such as the engineering field, R&D or research and development, and the healthcare sector also offers ample job opportunities.
Multiple sectors are recruiting for various job roles, such as:
*Want to work overseas? Y-Axis offers you the required guidance.
Benefits of working in Luxembourg
Approximately 45 percent of employees in the workforce in Luxembourg are international individuals from other countries. They are employed in multinational organizations that offer healthy work-life balance.
Luxembourg has a competitive job market. Income in Luxembourg is high, and tax rates are low. The country is offering work from a remote location. It opens up new opportunities for skilled professionals in Luxembourg.
Professionals in Luxembourg can take paid leave for at least 25 days annually. They can also avail of the following:
- Sick Leave
- Leaves for family
- Pension Plans or Retirement Contributions
- Minimum wage
- Overtime dues
- Annual bonus
Types of Luxembourg work permits
The residents of developing nationals from outside the EU will need a work and residence permit to work for companies in Luxembourg. The different types of work permits in Luxembourg are:
- Short stay (C)
A short stay visa facilitates international professionals to stay in the Schengen region for 90 days or a total of 90 days over a period of 180 days. This visa is generally used for business trips, meetings, conferences, and family visits.
- Long stay visas (D)
A long stay visa is aimed at foreign nationals who wish to travel to Luxembourg for over three months for work, education, or to permanently settle. It is generally used by salaried, self-employed, highly qualified professionals, students, and caretakers.
- EU Blue Card
The citizens of developing countries who wish to work for more than 3 months as highly skilled professionals in Luxembourg are eligible to apply for the EU Blue Card. This visa has a different procedure and offers more facilities.
*Want to visit Luxembourg? Y-Axis offers you the required assistance.
Eligibility criteria for Work Visa in Luxembourg
The eligibility criteria for the work visa in Luxembourg are:
- Professional qualifications and work experience
- Academic qualifications
- No criminal records
Requirements for Luxembourg Work Visa
International professionals are required to apply for long stay type D visas. The process of application depends on the reason for entry. The reason could be education, employment, or personal needs. All the candidates are required to submit the documents given below in person at the diplomatic or consular mission of Luxembourg in their native country or the Schengen region. The required documents are listed below:
- Two recent photographs for identity proof
- Valid travel document or passport
- A temporary permit to stay
- Employment contract for a job role of one year or more
- Proof of having professional qualifications needed for the job role
- Have an income of 1.2-1.5 times the average annual income
After the international candidate obtains the type “D” visa, it is valid for a maximum of one year.
International professionals are required to pay 50 Euros for the visa. It is used for the employee’s passport for stamp or vignette.
Steps to apply for Luxembourg Work Visa
The application process varies depending on what the employee requires in the work visa of Luxembourg. The employer needs to help with the application, or they can apply on their employee’s behalf if they have a power of attorney.
The step-by-step procedure for applying for a work visa for Luxembourg is given below:
Step 1: Apply for temporary leave to stay in the country facilitated by the Immigration Directorate of Luxembourg
Step 2: Obtain the temporary visa
Step 3: Duly fill out the type D visa application form on arrival in Luxembourg
Step 4: Submit the application in the area where the candidate wishes to live and work. The process consists of the following:
- Submit a declaration at the local administration centers confirming that the applicant wants to live in the specific region
- Undergo a medical examination
- Download the formal application forms on the government website of Luxembourg
- Reapply for the visa if the candidate wants to stay after the validity of the visa has ended.
How can Y-Axis assist you to work in Luxembourg?
Y-Axis is the best route to get work in Luxembourg.
Our impeccable services are:
- Y-Axis has helped multiple clients to work overseas.
- The exclusive Y-axis jobs search services will help you search for your desired job overseas.
- Y-Axis coaching will help you ace the standardized test required for immigration.
*Want to work overseas? Contact Y-Axis, the No.1 Work Overseas Consultant in the country.
If you found this blog helpful, you may want to read…