How to apply work visa for Canada in 2023?
Posted on January 10, 2023
Why Canada Work Visa?
- Work in Canada through any of the work visas
- Earn in Canadian dollars
- Apply for a Canada PR visa at a later date
- Call your dependants through Canada Dependent visas
- Travel across Canada
Job opportunities in Canada
Currently, Canada has more than 1 million job vacancies and it is in dire need of foreign skilled workers to live, work, and settle in the country. The sectors in which the jobs are available include:
- Software and Development
Canada announced 2023-2025 Immigration Levels Plan to invite more immigrants.
Canada has plans to invest $1.6 billion in the coming six years. The plan will also include an expenditure of $315 million each year to process the visa applications and settlement of the newcomers.
According to StatCan reports, employment in Canada has increased in November 2022 and 10,000 more jobs were added. The unemployment rate is 5.01 percent.
StatCan also reported that Saskatchewan and Ontario added 400,000 jobs and candidates can start working for a specific position within 30 days. Employers are seeking new employees actively to fill the vacant positions with immediate effect. Some of the sectors in both these provinces in which jobs are available can be found in the table below:
|No. of job vacancies||Job vacancy rate increased by|
|Health care and Social Assistance||1,59,500||
Hospitality (Accommodation and Food Services)
STEM (Professional Scientific and Technical Services)
Benefits of working in Canada
Immigrants come to Canada as they get a lot of benefits which are discussed below:
Earn in Canadian dollars. CAD1 = INR60. The average salary in Canada is CAD 54,630 per year. The salary depends on the industry, job role, and level of expertise. Most of the jobs in Canada offer attractive salaries. Salaries in some of the sectors in 2022 can be found in the table below:
|Average Monthly Salaries in CAD|
|Finance and Banking||
Education in in Canada is affordable for the children of immigrants. A Canada student visa provides multiple benefits to students. They will get high quality of education as many universities provide international degree programs.
Canada has one of the best healthcare infrastructures in the world. The country provides healthcare benefits to immigrants. Its universal healthcare system is funded with the help of tax revenues. As per the plan, Canadian citizens and permanent residents receive necessary medical services. Canadian companies also offer affordable medical plans for all of their employees. Permanent residents also have the option of applying for public health insurance.
Canada is rated as one of the best countries in the world for retirees. You can be assured of a retirement that you will enjoy. There is a Canada Pension Plan in which employers and employees have to make contributions. Employees will get the money after the retirement at the age of 60 years. This is a mandatory scheme for all employees. The amount that employers and employees have to contribute is 5.70 percent of their maximum pensionable earnings. The rule is effective from January 1, 2022.
You can sponsor your relatives to join you in Canada. Permanent residents living with work visas can invite their spouses, children, and common-law partners.
Live, work, and study in any Canadian province or territory. Immigrants will also have the option of visiting any province for tourism purposes.
Cost of living
Canada is an affordable place to live. Many factors have to be considered, which include salaries, expenses, savings, etc. Food, gas and automobiles are available at an affordable rate. Candidates need to choose a province as per their income and expenditure.
People who hold a Canadian passport are eligible to travel to 185 countries without any requirement of a visa. For the remaining countries, applying for a visa is necessary. The validity of the passport should be at least six months before departing from Canada.
Better returns as compared to gold, mutual funds, stocks or fixed deposits.
Types of Canada work permits
Candidates can apply for a temporary or permanent work visa to work in Canada. If candidates apply for a temporary work visa, they can stay and work in Canada for six months. Candidates who immigrate through permanent work visas can stay and work in Canada for a longer time. Permanent work visas are also known as employer-specific work permits. Candidates have to stick to a single employer through this visa.
Eligibility criteria for Work Visa in Canada
Eligibility criteria depend on whether the candidates have applied for a visa from inside or outside Canada. General requirements are also needed for all the work visas. Here we will discuss all types of eligibility criteria.
Eligibility criteria for all the work visas
The following eligibility criteria are required for all the work visas:
- Proof of leaving Canada after the expiry of the work permit
- Proof of funds to show that candidates have enough amount to support themselves and their families during their stay
- No criminal activities and obeying all the Canadian laws
- Be in sound health and ready for a medical examination
- Provide additional requirements if asked by the immigration officer
- Not to work with an employer who is termed as ineligible in the ‘employers who failed to comply with the conditions’ list
Eligibility criteria to apply from outside Canada
Anyone can apply before they migrate to Canada. Candidates may have to meet the office requirements depending on the country from where they are submitting applications.
Eligibility criteria to apply from inside Canada
Candidates who are applying from inside Canada need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Have a valid work or study permit
- Dependents need to have a valid work or study permit
- Have a temporary resident permit whose validity should be six months or more
- Waiting for a decision on Canada PR visa application
- Claim for a refugee protection
- Received recognition as a refugee or protected person by Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada
Eligibility criteria after coming to a port of entry
- Candidates have to be eligible for an electronic travel authorization
- Meet other criteria as per the requirements
Requirements for Canada Work Visa
The requirements for a Canada work visa are as follows:
- A valid passport or travel document
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report
- Results of language proficiency test
- Written job offer provided by a Canadian employer
- Police certificate
- Medical exam
- Proof of funds
Steps to apply for Canada Work Visa
The steps to apply for a Canada work visa are as follows:
Step 1: Employer will submit application for Labour Market Impact Assessment
Step 2: Employer will issue the temporary job offer
Step 3: Employee will apply for a work visa
Step 4: Work visa issued
How can Y-Axis assist you to work in Canada?
Y-Axis provides the services below to help a candidate to work in Canada:
- Eligibility Check: You can check your eligibility for free through the Y-Axis Canada Immigration Points Calculator.
- Coaching Services: Y-Axis provides coaching services for language proficiency tests which include IELTS, CELPIP, and PTE.
- Counseling: Y-Axis provides free counseling services.
- Canada PR Visa: Avail of complete guidance related to Canada PR visa.
- Job services: Avail job search services to find jobs in Canada.
Willing to Migrate to Canada? Talk to Y-Axis, the world’s no. 1 overseas immigration consultant.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like …