How to apply work visa for Norway?
Posted on March 23, 2022
Norway has been listed as one of the best countries to live globally. It has a stable economy and an advanced lifestyle. The country offers a healthy work-life balance and pays well for skills. A relaxed environment provides more productivity and efficiency. It should not be a surprise that people are eager to work there. That’s why you should consider job opportunities in Norway.
Norway requires international workers to have a work visa to be legally permitted to work there. The Norwegian Work Visa is the Skilled Worker Visa. It is the most common work visa issued to people who are working for a Norwegian employer. Here’s how you go ahead with the application process of work visa for Norway.
Eligibility for Norwegian Visa
Norwegian work visa is more than a work permit. It facilitates working and residing in the country. Norway is not a part of the EU, and that is why you need a residence permit to start working there. The people who are considered eligible for the visa should fulfill the following conditions:
- Higher education is complete
- Vocational training is complete
- Employed by a Norwegian employer
- “Special Qualifications”, even if there has been no formal education
- Full-time occupation
- Meets the payment parameters of Norwegian citizens
- Above 18 years
- No criminal background
*Ace your scores with Y-Axis coaching services to make your future brighter.
Requirements of the Norwegian Work Visa
These are the following documents required to apply for the work visa of Norway.
- Copies of the used pages of the passport
- Application form of the Norway work visa
- Two passport-sized photographs
- Proof of accommodation in Norway
- The form of an offer of employment filled by the employer
- Proof of the salary fulfilling the living expenses in Norway
- Proof of academic qualifications
- Evidence of past work experience
- Resume or CV
- Proof of residence permit for the past 6 months
- Evidence of a legal resident of Norway
- Form of Power of Attorney
- Additional documents required by the Norwegian authorities
- Checklist of the documents
Application for Norway Work Visa
You can apply for a work visa in Norway once you have a job offer from the country. The Work Visa is applied online on the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration website. These are the following ways you can apply for a work visa.
- Submit the completed application with the documents at the Visa Application Center or the Embassy.
- If you are already there in the country, submit the required documents to the Norwegian office.
- The documents can be submitted by your employer on your behalf.
It takes approximately one month for the visa to be processed.
The residence permit is authorized by the local police, so it would be better if you have scheduled an appointment with the police authorities as soon as you reach the country or even pre-book the appointment. The residence permit is renewable, and it is advised that the permit be renewed one to three months before it expires.
The employee’s family members can immigrate to the country if they have proof that their expenses can be covered. To bring your family members dependent on you to Norway, you should earn approximately NOK 264 264 or USD 29,000 annually.
Other types of visa
The other types of visa Norway offers are
- Norway Seasonal Work Visa
- Norway Job-Seeker Visa
- Vocational Training and Research Visa
- Norway Working Holiday Visa
- Work Visa for Artists
If you found this blog helpful,