Get the latest and most useful updates on overseas careers, immigration, travel and visas here.

How to certify your foreign education and professional credentials in Canada

Posted on March 4, 2022
Comment (0)
Share :
How to certify your foreign education and professional credentials in Canada

Do you wish to migrate to Canada? You are confused about where to start for higher education or even for work. Do not worry. Read on to know what all do you require to move to Canada.

Many students, professionals, and people in the field of Business should get re-credentials of their certifications to migrate to Canada.

The immigration process in Canada requires submission of your documents for verification of your credentials. There are certain things you need to be aware of about the process of re-credentialing, like the time it takes and the expense.

Check your eligibility to Canada with Y-Axis Canada Immigration Points Calculator.

What is Re-Credentialing

Re-credentialing is the process of periodically reviewing and verifying academic and professional credentials to meet the institute or the organization’s credentialing criteria. This is done every 3 years.

Credentials Assessed for Working in Canada

The skilled workers’ immigration programs of Canada need you to get foreign credentials assessed to ensure they meet Canadian standards.

Before you migrate to Canada, you should know if your credentials correspond to Canadian credentials or if you need to take an action to improve them. Additionally, an assessment would help future employers gauge your credentials and compare it to the qualifications of the other candidates.

Your credentials have to be legitimized by the jurisdiction body of the province or territory in Canada you are moving to. It is done to work in the skilled trade or profession.

Few trades and professions are regulated in specific territories and provinces. A license is needed to work in certain provinces, even if you already have a work license for another territory or province.

Are you interested to work in Canada? Y-Axis is here to assist you.

The Regulated Trade Sector in Canada

The trades that have been regulated in Canada are

  • Carpenters
  • Plumbers
  • Electricians

If you work in the trade sector, you need to

  • Write an examination
  • Work as an apprentice

The Regulated Professions in Canada

The professions that have been regulated are

  • Architects
  • Pharmacists
  • Doctors

The people in the professional sector have to

  • Write an exam
  • Proof of having worked in supervised work
  • Proof of language and communication skills

Need job search assistance to find job in Canada, Y-Axis is here to help you in all the possible ways.

Credentials Assessed for Studying in Canada

Every Canadian DLI or Designated Learning Institution has its own requirements. It can be standard requirements or distinct requirements needed for a particular.

It consists of

  • Proof of previous academic qualifications
  • Course prerequisites
  • Proof of language proficiency

More often than not, the previous academic institutions you had studied in would give you the required credentials. You need not assess your credentials through an ECA or Educational Credential Assessment.

You might need to check with the admissions body at the college or University of Canada you have applied to, if they accept the credentials verified by a foreign country.

If you wish to study in Canada, contact Y-Axis for a session of free counseling.

Need for Re-Credentialing for Studies

ECA assesses your academic credentials for the purpose of immigration. It also helps you when you are searching for employment as a proof of your qualifications to a potential employer. The ECA assessment focuses on your

  • Degree
  • Certificates
  • Diploma
  • Experience

It is done to check if your qualifications match Canadian standards.

For students who have more than one degree, you need an assessment done only for that level of education which is considered the highest.

It is better to get all your credentials assessed if you want to score more on your application for immigration.

Do you need coaching services to excel in your future? Y-Axis is here to help you.

Procedure of Getting an ECA

The ECA assessment should be done through an organization authorized by the IRCC or Immigration, Residency, and Citizenship Canada. Five organizations and 2certain organizations for certain professions have legitimacy

  • Comparative Education Service: University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
  • International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
  • World Education Services
  • IQAS or International Qualifications Assessment Service
  • International Credential Evaluation Service
  • Physicians: Medical Council of Canada
  • Pharmacists: Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada

Plan your assessment since it might take a few days to a few months to get a response from the educational institute. Most organizations will give the approximate waiting time.

Once your credentials are assessed, you need to get them re-assessed after five years by ECA. It costs above $200 for the ECA reports. The assessments by physicians and pharmacists cost more.

If you are confused about what to do next, Y-Path will help you choose the best path for you.

Contact Y-Axis, the No. 1 Overseas Immigration Consultant to go places in your life.

If you found this blog helpful, you may want to read

Canada PNP Draws February 2022 Update

Share :

More Posts

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

five × two =




Follow Us

We want to hear from you!