How to immigrate through Canada’s Federal Skilled Worker Program
Posted on April 29, 2022
Since 1967, the Federal skilled worker program (FSWP) has been the principal way of sourcing Canadian immigration, especially for skilled workers. It was running so successfully till the pandemic gave a temporary pause in December 2020.
The FSWP is one of the programs in the Express Entry program. The invitations for express entry are set to resume from July month. The application processing was also made for six months again. FSWP is such a fascinating program for immigration, and it is offered to candidates who do not have a job and even without Canadian experience.
Usually, the FSWP eligible candidates will get a score on the comprehensive ranking system (CRS). Almost every 2-3 weeks, Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) performs express entry draws, inviting the candidates with high scores for Canada Immigration.
*Check your eligibility to Canada through Y-Axis Canada Immigration points calculator.
Eligibility criteria for FSWP:
To become an eligible candidate under the Federal skilled worker program, the candidate needs to have a score of 67 points out of the 100-point grid, and the minimum requirements of education, work, and language skills need to be satisfied.
Must have an authenticated language skill score equal to the Canadian language benchmark (CLB); had to be 7 in either English or French.
At least a year of uninterrupted full-time paid work experience out of 10 years of skilled occupation experience must be there. That skilled occupation must be classified below the National occupations classification (NOC) at a skill level 0, A, or B.
*If you want to apply for Canadian PR, talk to our overseas immigration expert for assistance
The FSWP applicants must score 67 points on the selection factors of IRCC. Under the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) reports, the applicant must have a Canadian educational certificate or degree or equivalent and/or even can have a foreign academic certificate.
Once the following selection factors are satisfied, you are eligible for the Express Entry pool.
|Language Skills||Until 28|
|Work Experience||Until 15|
|Job Offer||Until 10|
*Do you have a dream to migrate to Canada? Talk to Y-Axis overseas migration consultant.
Submitting the FSWP application
- Create a secure IRCC account on the Canadian government website.
- This online tool will help you to create an express entry profile and enter your personal information.
- You can also provide a personal reference code if you have any while creating an express entry profile.
- In order to complete and submit the express entry profile, the validity period is 60 days, or you have to start again.
- Once you submit your application profile, IRCC will decide on the express entry program you are eligible for.
- Once the IRCC figures out that you are eligible for FSWP, it will keep your profile in the Express entry pool aligned with some other shapes.
- Then you will be given a score based on the selection factors.
*Do you want work in Canada? Speak to Y-Axis overseas immigration career consultant for guidance
Invitation to Apply for permanent residence
- Completing and submitting an express entry profile does not help you to get invited to apply for permanent residence.
- The applicant must meet the minimum threshold in the express entry draw.
- Once you are in the pool, the IRCC will send you an ITA based on the scores.
- The moment you receive it, the applicant will 6o days to apply for permanent residence.
- The IRCC performs express entry draws around every 2-3 weeks.
Apply for immigration:
The IRCC sends you an ITA by choosing a program from the express entry pool and the instructions to do next. Choosing the express entry managed programs is strictly based on the scores, and the system automatically sends the invites.
The different programs:
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
IRCC needs proof of the personal and professional information that you submit in the Express Entry profile. Immigration officers will check on the information, and proof you submitted for your profile are valid or not.
Once the false information or found any missing details, your application will be kept on hold or refused for the immigration for five years. IRCC advocates the check-in eligibility criteria of your profile again for the program and then checks if you are still eligible.
If things have changed at your personal level, the score will also be re-calculated before considering for the program. Sometimes the IRCC declines the application if the minimum cut-off for CRS is less than your actual score.
Declining an application or invitation will send you back to the express entry pool, and your application can be considered for a future round of invitations if you are eligible. One cannot predict whether you will get an invitation to apply again. To get the invitation again, you need to improve and update the express entry profile with the improved skills to get a better CRS score.
If you fail to respond to the received ITA invite in 60 days, your profile will be out of the pool. You have to create a new express entry profile to be considered for future draws.
Additional ways to immigrate to Canada
Canada plans to invite around 80000 immigrants to Canada as permanent residents for the next three years through the Provincial Nominee program (PNP). This is one of the most significant steps in Immigration level plans 2022-2024.
Along with direct express entry profiles, IRCC holds express entry draws for the PNP candidates as will every 2-3 weeks. If your profile is already present in the express entry pool, there are chances for you to get an invitation to the Provincial nominee program (PNP) as well.
Six hundred points will be added to your score if you have received the provincial nomination as well. Then you will be able to immigrate as a PNP applicant too.
Found this article more interesting, you may also read..