Get the latest and most useful updates on overseas careers, immigration, travel and visas here.

How to renew or extend your Tourist Visa in India?

Posted on May 30, 2019
Comment (0)
Share :

Tourist Visa in India

India is a perfect destination for travellers and a Tourist Visa will be needed by overseas tourists to arrive at the nation. It is approved for the tourist for recreation and similar purposes. The applicants of this Visa must not have a job or residence in India. They are permitted to stay for 180 days on every visit.

The validity of the Tourist Visa commences from the day it is issued to the 180th day. The extension is not approved for this Visa except in special situations like medical emergency or loss of Passport etc. The Regional Registration Office of the overseas national will offer further details, as quoted by the Travel Manorama Online.

The same visitor can apply for another Tourist Visa within 30 days of the expiry of the current Visa. The application will be examined closely by the Indian Embassy and refer to other agencies prior to offering the new Tourist Visa.

It is also possible to change the Visa types or extend the Visa. For example, if an overseas national marries an Indian citizen, the Visa type will be changed to X Visa. Extension of stay is available for:

  • Missionary Visa
  • Project Visa
  • Conference Visa
  • Research Visa
  • Journalist Visa
  • Entry (X) Visa Others
  • Entry (X) Visa Spouse or dependent of Person of Indian Origin /Indian citizen
  • Entry (X) Visa for dependents of Employment Visa, Student Visa, Research Visa, Business Visa
  • Business Visa
  • Employment Visa
  • Student Visa
  • Medical Attendant Visa
  • Medical Visa

Those who intend to extend the stay must file the extension application for Residence Visa. The required documents as per the specified Visa must also be submitted. This is prior to 60 days of the expiry of the Visa that they hold. Overstay and late renewals will be fined and the latter imprisoned.

Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa and immigration services as well as products to the aspiring overseas immigrants including  Y-International Resume (Senior Level) 5+ yrs, Y Jobs Premium Membership, Resume Marketing Services One State and One Country,  Y-Path – Y-Path for Licensed Professionals Y-Path for Students & Freshers  and Y-Path for Working Professionals and Job Seeker.

If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate Overseas, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.

If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…

Thailand extends the waiver for VOA fee up to October 31

Share :


More Posts

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1 × three =



Follow Us

We want to hear from you!