German has a long history of rich traditions, religions, customs, and art which is older than 1000 years. Germans have a high priority on punctuality. Many foreign nationals dream of going to Germany. Germany provides permanent residence permit to non-European citizens, which is valid for five years. This permit is also known as a Settlement permit. A Settlement permit allows you to stay in Germany forever. This permit is not the same as German citizenship or just having a passport. But actually, the permanent residence offers much more security than having a Temporary residence permit. This temporary PR is called ‘Aufenthaltserlaubnis’ in the German language.
Check your Eligibility to Germany through Y-Axis Germany Immigration point’s calculator.
Settlement permit provides special conditions to Graduates from Germany
- The applicant must be a qualified professional for a minimum of 2 years and apply for the purpose of employment and settlement in Germany.
- The applicant has a job that suits their qualification and that appropriately fits the qualifications.
- The applicant has paid a legit pension insurance fund for at least 24 months.
- The applicant must hold adequate knowledge of the German language, which is equivalent to the B1 level, according to the Common European Framework of References for Languages (CEFR). Along with this, knowledge of the legal and social order of the German way of life is required. This is done by giving a “Life in German” test.
- Must provide proof of sufficient living space.
Do you want study in Germany and need assistance? Get expert counselling from Y-Axis study overseas consultant.
- Requires complete application form.
- Complete information about current and paid health insurance with proof.
- A valid passport
- B1 level certificate that proves the knowledge of the German language from a recognized.
- A biometric photo with international standards.
- German university certificate degree. This is needed when you are applying for a fast-paced permanent residence permit as a graduate of a German university.
- Marriage certificate. This is needed when you are applying for a fast-paced permanent residence permit as a graduate of a German university.
- Proof of funds for financial security.
- A letter from the employer or the university.
- Proof of accommodation and the agreement of registration.
- Professional License with international standards. This is required when applying for a fast-paced permanent residence permit as a skilled individual.
Do you want learn German language? Get expert training from Y-Axis coaching professionals.
Fetch the form from the immigration office and get an appointment.
Once the paperwork is ready, get back to the appointment.
Time for application processing
From the day of the interview, it will take at least 2-3 weeks for processing for a permanent residence, provided the documents needed are in order.
Cost of application processing
- To apply for permanent residence or settlement, it costs €113.00
- For a self-employed person, the application process costs €124.00.
- For highly qualified professionals, the application process for settlement permit costs €147.00.
Do you want to migrate to Germany? Talk to Y-Axis, the world’s no.1 overseas immigration consultant.
How to settle in Germany after graduating from a German university?
Posted on May 18, 2022