Immigration is crucial for the future economic success of Canada
Posted on June 27, 2019
Canada marches ahead with a long-term and bold immigration strategy to spearhead the growth of its economy. This is also aimed at supporting middle-class jobs in every corner of the nation.
From 2015, the Canadian immigration strategy has focused on attracting the brightest and best talents across the world. This is via precise pilot programs for delivering on the suggestions made by the Advisory Council on Economic Growth in Canada by:
- Developing the ambitious, first multi-year Immigration Levels Plan that strategically enhances the figures of immigrant workers required for supporting Canadians and aged people as they retire.
- Changing the Express Entry Program for attracting former overseas students and highly skilled global talents with skills required for filling the labour shortage in Canada.
- Devising the Global Skills Strategy for attracting the investments of innovative firms, assisting 1000s of businesses and incurring benefit to 40,000 individuals Visa application processing time of 2 weeks.
- Launching the Global Talent Stream that has been utilized by more than 1,100 companies in Canada and offered with Canada Work Visas to around 24,000 skilled workers.
- Changing the 2-year Start-Up Visa Program pilot into permanent that has attracted 300 plus overseas Entrepreneurs leading to launch of around 200 Start-ups in Canada.
- Leading the Atlantic Immigration Pilot, a unique collaboration that aims to attract and retain overseas graduates and skilled immigrants. This is for catering to the distinct labor market needs in the Atlantic region. The pilot has witnessed the participation of around 1,900 employers in Canada. They have offered 3,700 plus job offers to overseas graduates or skilled overseas nationals. This has resulted in the immigration of around 3,000 Canada PR Visa holders to Atlantic Canada.
- Launching the 5-year Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot for addressing the distinct skills and labour market needs of the northern and rural communities. It has the potential for creating fresh businesses within these smaller communities, as quoted by the News Wire CA. The selected communities will serve as a role model for entire Canada.
Canada is firm in its commitment to welcoming immigrants from all over the world who can call Canada as their new home. This is for addressing the scarcity of skilled workers to support businesses and residents in Canada as they retire.
Y-Axis offers a wide range of Visa and Immigration products as well as services for aspiring overseas students including Study Visa for Canada, Work Visa for Canada, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Express Entry Full Service, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Express Entry PR Application, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Provinces, and Education Credential Assessment. We work with Regulated Immigration Consultants in Canada.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…