Important points to know about Canadian Visitor Visa
Posted on December 12, 2018
Overseas Immigrants planning to visit Canada for less than 6 months have to get a Temporary Resident Visa. The Visa that is dedicated for this purpose is called Canadian Visitor Visa.
The Canadian Visitor Visa allows people to travel to the country for 2 reasons:
- Visiting family
Immigrants with a valid reason are let into the country. However, they cannot avail of any Canadian benefits such health coverage. Also, as reported by Visa guide, they cannot take up any job.
Let’s have a look at the requirements that Immigrants must fulfill to get hold of the Canadian Visitor Visa.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old
- Their passport must have one blank page
- All supporting documents must be in English or French
- Candidates must present documents to prove their clean criminal history
- Candidates should be able to pay the Visa processing fees
- Candidates applying through a Visa Application Centre must provide a letter of consent
- Candidates must prove that they have enough funds to cover the trip cost
- Candidates might have to appear for an interview
- A medical examination is a must
How to know your eligibility:
Immigrants should check their eligibility on the Canadian Government website. They will be presented with a questionnaire. That will determine their eligibility status. In return, they will also get a reference code.
Forms to be submitted:
The mandatory forms to be filled out are:
- Temporary Resident Form
- Family information form
There are other forms specific to candidates’ situation such as common-law union form.
Documents to be submitted:
Documents that candidates must present while applying for the Canadian Visitor Visa are:
- Travel history
- Travel itinerary
- An invitation letter from friend or family if that is the purpose of visit
- The Immigration status of family or friend
- Bank statements of family or friend
- Employment and education status
- Documents that prove candidates will return to home country
It takes approximately 40 days to get the stamped passport from the Canadian Consulate.
Canadian Visitor Visa fees:
The application fee is approximately CAD$100. Biometrics processing and passport processing fee are respectively CAD$85 and CAD$45.
Who can accompany you?
Candidates can take their spouse and minor kids to Canada. However, everybody must pay separate Visa processing fees.
Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa and immigration services as well as products to overseas immigrants including Business Visa for Canada, Work Visa for Canada, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Express Entry Full Service, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Express Entry P R Application, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Provinces, and Education Credential Assessment. We work with Regulated Immigration Consultants in Canada.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…