Indonesia announces a 5-year work visa for digital nomads
Posted on June 10, 2022
- Indonesian government lifted most of the travel restrictions and accomplished a quarantine-free arrival for travelers, including India.
- A new visa on Arrival (VOA) is proposed for almost 72 nations.
- Employers are asked to give the ‘work from anywhere’ option for digital nomads.
*Planning to visit Indonesia? Y-Axis is here to assist you in all the steps.
Visa On Arrival (VOA)
From March 7, 2022, Indonesia relaxed all the travel-related restrictions, including Quarantine on arrival. The government introduced Visa On Arrival (VOA) scheme for around 72 nations.
- There are proposals to attract longer staying and high amounts of spending travelers at the islands.
- A five-year visa for digital nomads can be anticipated soon.
- Bali was reopened in October 2021, and the government plans to rebound in terms of the local economy by lifting the COVID-related restrictions to attract more travelers.
- The digital nomads from many companies let employees work from anywhere.
Digital Nomad visa
A digital nomad is a special five-year visa for remote employees that have been in talks.
This digital nomad visa allows the person to stay and work up to five years within the country with no tax on the foreign-sourced income.
Tourism and Creative Economy Minister Sandiaga Uno
If the candidates earn while staying in Indonesia, they will be taxed, but if that happens from overseas, there will be no tax. According to the survey, the Minister also claims that 95% of digital nomads choose Indonesia, especially Bali, as one of the all-time remote work destinations.
If you want to work in Indonesia, you will need an IMTA (Ijin Mempekerjakan Tenaga Kerja Asing), also known as an IKTA (Expatriate Work Permit), which the company itself sponsors. For switching jobs, you’ll need a new IMTA.
Along with your work permit, one would require a residence permit for Indonesia. The Kartu Izin Tinggal Terbatas (KITAS), or a Temporary Stay Permit Card, can also be sponsored by the employer.
Till April 2022 number of tourists who visited Indonesia was 111,000, which was the highest level amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Willing to work overseas? World’s no.1 Immigration can help you in visit visa process.
Found this article interesting? Then read more…