Is it easy to get German PR in 2023?
A permanent residence permit in Germany is also known as Settlement Permit. If you are a student or skilled worker in Germany and intend to obtain a permanent residence permit, you would need to satisfy specific requirements.
*Check your eligibility to Germany through Y-Axis Germany immigration Points calculator.
Germany issues Settlement Permit to you if you have resided or been employed in that country for a particular time. Mostly this duration is four years. Additionally, certain visa types can help you obtain permanent residence even more quickly.
In addition to residing in Germany, you will be eligible only if your present residential status is favorable.
You can secure a German Permanent Residence Permit if you have fulfilled the following-
- Skilled workers and researchers get it after duration of four years.
- Self-employed persons and families where one of its members is a German get it after three years
- It is also given to people who hold EU BlueCard for 33 months or 21 months in case they are fluent in German
- If you are employed with a German University Degree or completed Vocational training, you will get it after two years
- If you are a freelancer and have fluency in German, you can get it in five years. If you attained fluency in the German Language and made yourself competent to earn in that country, you can reduce the period by two years.
Requirements to Obtain a German Permanent Residence
The other requirements you need to fulfill for residency are as follows:
- You should be financially stable to cover your and your family’s expenses without borrowing any money.
- You must have space for adequate accommodation for you and your family.
- You need to contribute to the statutory pension insurance fund when you are residing or working in Germany.
- During your German stay, you must have worked in a position that is on par with your academics.
- You should be sufficiently proficient in the German Language to settle in Germany.
- You must pass a test, namely “Life in Germany”, to show proof that you know enough about Germany and its culture.
*Willing to apply for Germany job seeker visa? Y-Axis is here to assist you in all the procedures.
Benefits of Having a Settlement Permit
Once you become a holder of a permanent residence permit in Germany, you are eligible for the following advantages.
- You need not apply to renew the residence permit if it is about to expire.
- You can opt for jobs that provide better pay and opportunities.
- You are eligible for all the social security benefits in Germany.
- You are allowed to apply for a scholarship or financial assistance if you are planning to pursue higher education.
- You are eligible for a bank loan if you intend to buy property.
- You are eligible to apply for German Citizenship after holding permanent residence for eight years.
Process of Applying for a German Settlement Permit
The process of applying for a German Settlement Permit is as follows.
- Schedule an appointment at the same Immigration office where you received the residence permit.
- Complete the application form provided to you.
- Gather all the required documents.
- After completing the form and gathering your documents, visit the Immigration Officer with an application form and the documents. Later, attend an interview.
- Pay the application fee.
- After the submission of documents and your application form, wait for about three to four weeks for the Immigration Officer to take a decision on your PR.
- A copy of the passport
- A completed application form that is duly signed by the applicant.
- Latest passport-sized photos.
- Health insurance of Germany.
- Proof of social security contributions.
- Financial document.
- A certificate recognized as proof of proficiency in the German Language.
- Employed persons must show the Employment Contract with salary slips.
- Self-employed persons need to show their complete audit report and the most recent tax assessment document.
- A lease from the landlord or a certificate of address registration to prove that you are primarily a resident of Germany.
- A University Degree or Vocational Certificate from Germany
- If you are the spouse of a German citizen, produce your marriage certificate.
Are you looking to migrate to Germany? Talk to Y-Axis, the world’s no. 1 overseas immigration consultant.
If you found this article helpful, you may also want to read…
Is it easy to get German PR in 2023?
Posted on January 24, 2023