Jordan to relax entry visa regulations for tourists
Posted on May 27, 2015
Following a meeting with King Abdullah II and Queen Rania, the Jordanian Government has approved a proposal put forth by Nayef Al-Fayez, minister of tourism and antiquities, to ease regulations regarding entry visas for tourists coming into Jordan.
Commenting on the announcement Erik Huyer, general manager, Corp Amman Hotel said, “It is a great development and we are confident it will tremendously boost tourism. Travelers coming into Jordan have long been demanding a reduction in visa fee and other taxes. And we are pleased to see that the authorities have taken note of it. The move will open new source markets for Jordan as well as help expand existing ones. It will also widen Jordan’s appeal in the mid-market segment.”
Following deliberations, the below amendments were agreed upon:
1) Waiving visa fees for tourists of all nationalities coming through Jordanian tour operators whether travelling individually or in groups. The visa fee is waived on the condition that the traveler/ travelers spend a minimum of two consecutive nights in Jordan.
2) Waiving visa fees for individual tourists who have organized their trip to Jordan without arrangements through a tour operator and have purchased the unified tourist site ticket on the condition that they spend a minimum of three consecutive nights in Jordan.
3) Reducing visa fees for tourists entering Jordan through land borders. The visa fee will be reduced from 40JOD to 10JOD on the condition that these tourists spend a minimum of three consecutive nights in Jordan.
4) Waiving departure tax for all scheduled flights from Aqaba and Amman, on the condition that tourists purchase the unified tourist site ticket and spend a minimum of three consecutive nights in Jordan.
5) Waiving the departure tax and entry visa for all low cost and charter flights leaving King Hussein International Airport– Aqaba.
For more news and updates, assistance with your visa needs or for a Free Assessment of your profile for Immigration or Work Visa’s just visit www.y-axis.com