Get the latest and most useful updates on overseas careers, immigration, travel and visas here.

Know the right Canadian Visa for study, work, visit or PR

Posted on December 5, 2018
Comment (0)
Share :

Canadian Visa for study, work, visit or PR

Canada is a highly developed country. Hence, Overseas Immigrants often aspire to travel there. However, most of them struggle with the decision of getting the right Visa. Let’s have a quick look at the various aspects of a Canadian Visa.

Types of Canadian Visa:

There are two types of Canadian Visa –

  • Temporary Visa – it allows Overseas Immigrants to stay in Canada for a limited time period for study, work or temporary visit
  • Permanent Visa – It lets Overseas Immigrants permanently move to the country
  1. Temporary Canadian Visa:

The Canadian Consulate decides the time period for which Overseas Immigrants are allowed to stay in the country. The Visa could be either single entry or multiple entries. Let’s take a look at some of the best Temporary Visas.

Student Visa:

Canada offers this Visa to those who have enrolled in a Canadian University. The course should last for more than 6 months.

Working Holiday Visa:

Canada offers this Visa to young Immigrants from 30 countries. They can work and travel in Canada. However, the selection process is random.

Tourist Visa:

This Visa is solely meant for tourism purpose. People willing to travel to Canada should apply.

Temporary Foreign Worker Visa

 Overseas Immigrants must hold a job offer to receive this Canadian Visa. It is valid for up to 6 months.

  1. Permanent Canadian Visa:

 This Visa allows people to stay in Canada permanently. It is further divided into two types

  • Express Entry Visas
  • Business Immigrant Visas

Express Entry Visa:

The Express Entry Visa is of 4 types –

Federal Skilled Trades Program:

Qualified trades people such as carpenters, electricians, plumbers and machinists get an opportunity to acquire this Visa.

Federal Skilled worker Program:

This Visa is for people who are skilled and experienced in fields which are in demand.

Provincial Nomination Programs:

As reported by Visaguide, this Visa is offered to Immigrants who are relatively low skilled. However, they must contribute to the economy of one of the Canadian provinces.

Canadian Experience Class:

This Visa is for Immigrants already staying in the country on Temporary Canadian Visa. They must hold Canadian education or work experience.

Business Immigrant Visa:

The Business Visa is categorized into 3 types –

Immigrant Investor Program:

Overseas Immigrants with a net worth of at least CAD$800000 will receive this Visa from Canada. They must invest a minimum of CAD$400000.

Entrepreneur Program:

Overseas Immigrants must have a net worth of CAD$300000. They should create and maintain employment for at least 3 years in Canada.

Self Employed Persons Program:

This Visa is for people who are skilled in business, culture and farming. They should be able to start their own business in the country.

If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.

If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…

Canada EE PNPs adopt varied criteria for selection

Share :

More Posts

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

3 × 1 =




Follow Us

We want to hear from you!