MS in Computer Science in Australia – Colleges, eligibility and more
Posted on July 25, 2023
Pursue MS in computer science in Australia
- Top-ranked universities with QS Rankings in top the 100 universities
- IELTS 7.0 or equivalent is required for admission
- Scholarships up to $50,000 are available
- 2 – 4 years post-study work opportunity
- Over 200,000 jobs available for computer science graduates in Australia
*Need assistance to study in Australia? Y-Axis is here to assist you in all the ways.
Why Choose MS in computer science in Australia
Australia is a popular destination for international students seeking a master’s degree in computer science. There are many reasons why students choose to study computer science in Australia, including:
- The high quality of education: Australian universities are known for their high-quality education. The computer science programs offered by Australian universities are excellent and challenging, and they prepare students for successful careers in the tech industry.
- The strong job market: Australia has a strong job market for computer science graduates. There are many opportunities for computer science graduates to find well-paying jobs in Australia.
- The affordable cost of living: The cost of living in Australia is relatively affordable, especially when compared to other countries like the United States and the United Kingdom. This makes it possible for international students to study computer science in Australia.
- The friendly and welcoming culture: Australia is a friendly and welcoming country.
Top 20 Schools of Graduate Studies in Australia for MS in Computer Science
Here are the top 20 Schools of Graduate Studies in Australia for MS in computer science, along with their fees in Australian dollars (AUD):
|School of Graduate Studies||Tuition Fee ($)AUD||Rank in Australia|
|College of Engineering and Computer Science||60,000 – 65,000||1|
|School of Computing and Information Systems||99,000 – 100,000||2|
|School of Computer Science and Engineering||90,000 – 95,000||3|
|School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering||90,000 – 100,000||4|
|School of Computer Science||85,000 – 90,000||5|
|Monash University (Main Campus)||55,000 – 60,000||6|
|UWA School of Computer Science and Software Engineering||85,000 – 95,000||7|
|School of Computer and Mathematical Science||90,000 – 100,000||8|
|UTS College of Engineering and Information Technology||61,000 – 69,000||9|
|School of Computing and Information Technology||70,000 – 75,000||10|
|School of Science RMIT University||70,000 – 75,000||11|
|School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering||70,000 – 75,000||12|
|School of Information Technology Deakin University||70,000 – 75,000||13|
|School of Electrical, Computing, and Mathematical Sciences||42,000 – 45,000||14|
|School of Computing Macquarie University||70,000 – 75,000||15|
|La Trobe University (Main Campus)||50,000 – 55,000||16|
|School of Information and Communication Technology||75,000 – 80,000||17|
|Swinburne University of Technology (Main Campus)||65,000 – 70,000||18|
|School of Information Technology and Mathematical Sciences||75,000 – 80,000||19|
|School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics||55,000 – 60,000||20|
*Confused to choose which course to pursue? Avail Y-Axis course recommendation services to choose the best.
Eligibility for MS in computer science in Australia
To be eligible to apply for an MS in computer science program in Australia, students must meet the following requirements:
- Students must have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Students must have a minimum IELTS score of 7.0.
- Students may also need to submit other documents, such as letters of recommendation and a personal statement.
Requirements to study in Australia
- Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from the chosen university
- Financial support to cover tuition fees, living expenses, and healthcare
- English language proficiency test scores
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- A valid passport
- Visa application (Student Visa subclass 500)
Steps to apply for admission to Masters in computer science
To apply for admission to an MS in computer science program in Australia:
- Choose a university and program
- Gather the required documents
- Complete the application form
- Pay the application fee
- Submit your application
Post-Study Work Opportunity in Australia
After you complete your MS in computer science program in Australia, you will be eligible to work in Australia for 2 – 4 years. This is a great opportunity to gain work experience in the Australian tech industry and to achieve goals.
There are 200,000+ job opportunities for computer science graduates in Australia. According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, the demand for computer science professionals is expected to grow more in the upcoming years.
MS in computer science from an Australian university opens the doors to an excellent career. Australia is an ideal destination for students interested in pursuing professional education. Unlock your potential in the dynamic world by pursuing MS in computer science in Australia.