MS in Engineering in UK: Top 20 Colleges/Universities
Posted on August 19, 2023
Pursue MS in Engineering in the UK
- The UK is home to the world’s top universities for engineering.
- The minimum IELTS score required for most MS in engineering programs in the UK is 6.5.
- There are a number of scholarships available for international students up to £20,000.
- Graduates with an MS in engineering can work in the UK for up to 2 years.
- Over 200,000 engineering vacancies are available in the UK.
*Need assistance to study in UK? Y-Axis is here to assist you in all the ways.
Why choose MS in Engineering in UK
There are many reasons why you should choose to study MS in engineering in the UK. Here are just a few:
- The UK has a long history of excellence in engineering education.
- UK universities offer a wide range of MS in engineering courses.
- The UK has a strong engineering sector with a high demand for skilled engineers.
- International students who graduate from an MS in engineering program in the UK are eligible to work in the UK for up to two years after graduation.
- The UK is a great place to live and study. It is a safe, welcoming country with a rich culture and history.
Top 20 Universities in the UK for MS in Engineering
Below is the list of the top 20 Universities to study in UK for Masters in Engineering:
|University||Tuition Fee (£) GBP||Rank in UK|
|University of Cambridge||30,978 – 45,252||1|
|University of Oxford||25,740 – 36,065||2|
|Imperial College London||33,000 – 38,500||3|
|University College London||16,670 – 30,870||4|
|University of Manchester||25,000 – 30,000||5|
|University of Southampton||23,750 – 28,750||6|
|University of Bristol||23,900 – 28,900||7|
|University of Sheffield||21,600 – 25,700||8|
|University of Nottingham||19,000 – 24,000||9|
|University of Leeds||21,250 – 25,500||10|
|University of Birmingham||22,500 – 26,220||11|
|University of Strathclyde||24,000 – 26,000||12|
|University of Surrey||23,300 – 27,600||13|
|University of Warwick||23,300 – 27,600||14|
|University of Liverpool||25,000 – 28,000||15|
|University of Edinburgh||23,900 – 32,200||16|
|University of York||19,750 – 23,450||17|
|University of Glasgow||19,500 – 25,750||18|
|Queen Mary University of London||20,300 – 22,500||19|
|University of Sussex||18,850 – 22,000||20|
*Confused to choose which course to pursue? Avail Y-Axis course recommendation services to choose the best
Eligibility for MS in Engineering in UK
To be eligible to pursue masters in engineering in the United Kingdom, students must meet the following criteria:
- Students must hold a bachelor’s degree in the STEM field
- They must have a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Students are requested to represent the IELTS or TOEFL
- Transcription scripts for the proof of education
- Transcripts of previous academics studies
- Letter of recommendation
- An updated resume/CV
Requirements to pursue MS in Engineering in UK
The following are the required documents for pursuing masters in engineering in the United Kingdom:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent with good grades in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) field.
- Proof of English proficiency (IELTS score-6.5 or TOEFL score-90)
- Transcripts of previous education.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Letters of Recommendation.
- Proof of relevant work experience.
- Copy of valid passport.
- Must have health insurance.
- Must have a visa.
- Proof of sufficient funds to support yourself during your studies.
Steps to apply for admission for MS in Engineering in UK
The steps to apply for admission to an MS in engineering program in the UK are as follows:
- Students should do research on universities and course availability according to their interests and goals.
- Check for admission requirements and make sure you are eligible.
- Find a program that you are interested in and contact the admissions office.
- Request an application form and instructions.
- Complete the application form and submit it with the required documents and information before the deadline.
- If selected, you may have to attend an interview (for a few universities)
Post-Study Work Opportunity in the UK
International students who graduate from an MS in engineering program in the UK are eligible to work in the UK for up to two years after graduation. The United Kingdom provides an opportunity to gain valuable work experience in the UK and to connect with well-known employers or companies.
The United Kingdom is one of the most demanded destinations for international students to pursue professional courses. Masters in engineering in the United Kingdom can be a great option to boost your career.