Ottawa, August 28 (CINEWS) The ten-year multiple-entry tourist and business visas have been introduced for Canadian nationals with immediate effect.
The Tourist Visa (TV) is meant for visiting India for recreation, sightseeing or meeting friends and relatives and nothing else. Apparently some individuals have been misusing their tourist visas in the past like working or doing
business without taking any prior permissions or applying for the required documentation.
Here is what’s required to apply for a multiple-entry tourist visa:
* Completed visa application form
* Two recent passport size (51mm x 51mm) colour photos showing full frontal face against a white background. One photo needs to be pasted on the application form and other enclosed separately
* Passport with minimum of six months’ validity and at least two blank pages
* Proof of address
* For persons who have held an Indian passport in past – proof of renunciation of Indian citizenship and immigration status at time of arrival in Canada
* Fees: $202 plus processing fee of BLS International Services Canada Inc.
The Business Visa (BV) is meant for visiting India for business and trade purposes.
* Duly completed Business Information Sheet
* A letter of request from the applicant’s company/organization in Canada
* An invitation letter from Indian company indicating the nature of applicant’s business with India, probable duration of stay, the places and firms to be visited in India
* Fees: $308 plus processing fee of BLS International Services Canada Inc.
* Requirements as given above for Tourist Visa
* More details about BV are available at https://www.mha.nic.in/pdfs/work_visa_faq.pdf
Other important points to keep in mind:
* The period of continuous stay during each visit cannot exceed 180 days
* Registration with concerned FRRO/FRO will be required for continuous stay exceeding 180 days
* It is advisable to apply for visa at least 15 days before your intended date of travel
* Online Visa application form is available on websitehttp://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/
* Submit the printout of the duly completed and signed online visa forms along with supporting documents at one of the offices of the Indian High Commission’s outsourcing agents, BLS International. Their office addresses, timings phone numbers and e-mail address can be found at http://www.blsindia-canada.com/contactus.php
* The duration and number of entries of the visa issued is completely at the discretion of Indian High Commission/Consulates
* For details you may also visit High Commission of India, Ottawa’s website at www.hciottawa.ca, Consulate General of India, Toronto’s website atwww.cgitoronto.ca and Consulate General of India, Vancouver’s website atwww.cgivancouver.org or the outsourcing agency M/s BLS International Services Canada Inc. at their website www.blsindia-canada.com
For more news and updates, assistance with your visa needs or for a Free Assessment of your profile for Immigration or Work Visa’s just visit www.y-axis.com
Ten-year multiple-entry tourist and business visas takes effect
Posted on September 28, 2015