My journey as a Chartered Accountant from India to Canada
I was born into a business family where both my parents owned their businesses. My parents’ families also had their own established businesses. Therefore, growing up in a household full of entrepreneurs, I wanted to do something different. I was good at understanding business and operations and opted for Commerce for my 12th grade. After completing my education, I didn’t want to go to a college for formal education and wanted to pursue Chartered Accountancy.
It took me 4.5 years to complete the course, and I was placed in a multinational giant through the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) placement service. I got an excellent salary package and worked with the company for over two years, so I need to stop now and look for something else. Then, I came across a friend who has started a business in Canada and is searching for someone to work as a CA to look after the financial operations of his business. This could be a turning point in my career and an opportunity to do even more after leaving India.
The CA degree obtained from the ICAI is equivalent to one postgraduate degree in Canada. To help me take this journey, my friend has suggested Y-Axis, the leading immigration company in the world. He was a Y-Axis client while immigrating to Canada five years back.
Express Entry: Gateway to Canada PR
Y-Axis assists its clients with the Express Entry system. It was introduced as the primary motive of the Express Entry system to fill the labor shortages in the country by the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) in 2015.
And Y-Axis assisted me in different ways:
- Eligibility Check: I scored 65 points on Y-Axis’s instant and free immigration points calculator for Canada.
- Resume preparation: My friend was based out of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and I needed a job in their company. Y-Axis helped me prepare a good resume for that.
- IELTS coaching: Y-Axis also offers coaching services for IELTS. And I took their service, and the IELTS professionals taught me well, and I think that it is because of them that I qualified for the Express Entry system.
- ECA report: Y-Axis provides Educational credential assessment services, ensuring easy clearance of Express Entry.
- Job Search: Y-Axis also assists in searching for a job, and they assisted me so well to fit me into the Chartered Accountancy job in Canada. For others, do rigorous research and contact numerous recruiters so that they can search for a suitable job for their clients.
- Visa Interview: Y-Axis team has helped me prepare for the visa interview, as I was not sure what questions they asked you in the interview.
Invitation to Apply
I became what I wanted to become in my life. Even after going to Canada, too, I could help my family with their finances. I grew up in a family where I have never seen anyone sitting idle and doing nothing. While I was in school, my parents often couldn’t attend my PTMs. But they were always there when I needed them and inculcated good ethics in me. And from them, I learned that everyone in this world could achieve anything they aspire to.
That confidence gave me a boost to my Express Entry profile, and this is the reason why I finally received my Invitation to Apply for Canada PR.
Applying for Canada PR
The entire journey was made very easy by team Y-Axis. From the resume preparation to the IELTS coaching to preparing for the interview to the documents checklist for my documents, Y-Axis has always been my most considerable support. I finally submitted my application with the help of the team.
In Ontario, Canada
It took me more than six months to complete the application process. And the day I got the confirmation from IRCC, I boarded the first flight the next day. After I moved to Canada, I realized that this country was the correct fit for me and my needs. The cosmopolitan society of the country is the best thing, and I like to explore touristy places all over the country. It is like living in two worlds in Canada; one moment, you are in the city, and the other, you are in the wild.
The next thing on my to-do list is to bring my parents for a very long period and give them a long break from their work. This would be the tiniest gift from me to them for their enormous sacrifices for my upbringing.
If you are also interested in immigrating to Canada, contact Y-Axis – the right path is the Y-path, i.e., Y-Axis.
My journey as a CA from India to Canada
Posted on February 20, 2023