Norway an international student destination
Posted on July 6, 2017
A country that is beneficial to the student fraternity is Norway. It takes pride in a high-quality education and multiple opportunities for students. Moreover an ever growing platform for Graduates, Post Graduates and Ph.D.’s as well.
Higher Education System in India
There are three different types of Institutions in Norway such as
- Universities here offer at least five master programs and four doctoral programs
- Regional education caters to all primary bachelors’ education where in you will find courses such as teaching, nursing, business management, IT, and engineering
- Private institutions offer programs and courses in popular fields
The educational system is regulated by the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). For a three-year bachelor program, you obtain 180 ECTS credits. Students will receive core teaching in any chosen discipline. After the completion of a bachelor’s degree, you get a better access to pursue master studies.
A Master’s Degree is for a year or two providing specialized content with more priority given for research and development you obtain 60 to 120 ECTS credits. Students can also enroll into research projects leading to a Doctor’s degree (Ph.D.).
In order to be granted a Student Visa to Norway, you will need an approval letter from the institution you wish to study.
- A duly filled application form
- Receipt of having paid the visa fees
- A valid passport
- Two latest coloured photographs
- Letter of Admittance approved by the institution
- Evidence of financial funds
- Evidence that you will pay the semester fees because the tuition is free
Now after you reach Norway, within 10 days of your arrival you should be applying for a Student Resident Permit Card. The biometrics will be complete at the nearby by police station. After 10 working days, you will receive the residence permit card. After you receive the card you are authorized to work 20 hours per week which means you can work part-time. Renewals are applicable to be processed online.
To gain a work permit after the completion of your studies the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration has access to the Study Progression Report. The better your academic scores, more the chances of gaining a work permit in Norway. A qualified student who can prove they have the skill and relevant abilities have a bright scope and an excelling future in Norway.
If you wish to study overseas contact Y-Axis the world’s best and trusted visa and immigration consultant