58 new occupations in demand in Canada with no job offer requirement
Posted on October 14, 2015
As many are aware, Canada Immigration turned the tables 10 months ago by changing the playing field and embarking on the express entry system.
The new express entry system eliminated the occupations list for most but this week the Canadian Government through its SINP announced that there are 1,000 applications available for those outside of Canada (or inside of Canada with legal status) who have work experience in one of 58 occupations.
So, it seems like we (or 1,000 people at least) are now back to the old days where applicants must have work experience from a list of occupations.
It should be noted that his mini-system DOES NOT eliminate or substitute the ongoing and current express entry program.
The express entry system is still active and alive.
However, for some the express entry system may be taking too long and prefer a faster provincial route.
Once a person is selected from this new system, they will be fast tracked for permanent residence.
In particular, the Canadian province of Saskatchewan is now accepting 1,000 International Skilled Workers who have work experience in one of 58 occupations.
The in demand occupations in that province is geared to attract high skilled applicants to immigrate.
No job offer is required.
The program is underway with intake to commence immediately.
The following are some of the highlights under the newly announced Saskatchewan Skilled Worker Category:
1. The program is for those who wish to immigrate to Canada (Saskatchewan) and settle in Canada as permanent residents.
2. Applicants do not require an offer of employment or job offer.
3. Applicants who are 18-50 years old will be allotted points.
4. A completed post-secondary diploma or university degree is required.
5. Applicants are not required to have a relative living in Saskatchewan. However, those with close relatives will be awarded substantial bonus points.
6. Applicants must have proficiency in the English language.
7. Must have a minimum of one year of work experience in a skilled position in the last 10 years as a minimum threshold to apply.
8. Work experience must be in one of 58 listed occupations.
A sample of the listed occupations are:
Engineering Technicians and Technologists
Computer Network Technicians
User Support Technicians
Tool and Die Makers
Sheet Metal Workers
Automobile Repairers and Technicians
For more news and updates, assistance with your visa needs or for a Free Assessment of your profile for Immigration or Work Visa’s just visit www.y-axis.com