October updates of Canada’s PNP program
Posted on October 31, 2020
With more than 200,000 individuals anticipated to obtain permanent Canadian residency through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) between 2020 and 2022, the PNP is a significant feature of Canada’s immigration policy.
Over recent years, the federal government has gradually increased the provinces’ annual allocations for their respective PNPs, reflecting the growing importance of these services in the overall Canadian immigration landscape.
- October 27: Saskatchewan announced the results of an Oct 21 draw in which 618 invitations were issued to candidates in the Express Entry and Occupations In-Demand streams of the SINP.
- October 27: British Columbia sent ITAs to 354 candidates to apply for provincial nomination through five streams of the BC PNP.
- October 27: Alberta launched a new PNP stream: The International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration stream. This stream is for those who have completed post-secondary education in Alberta and wish to start a business in the province.
- October 26: Ontario issued 21 invitations under the OINP’s Entrepreneur stream.
- October 22: Nova Scotia issued invitations to Express Entry candidates who were qualified computer programmers and interactive media developers to apply through the Labor Market Priorities stream.
- October 22: Manitoba invited 206 candidates, including 22 Express Entry candidates, to apply to the MPNP under three MPNP streams.
- October 21: Ontario opened the Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream and accepted 1,250 applications.
- October 20: British Columbia invited 80 candidates to apply for provincial nomination through four streams of the BC PNP.
- October 20: Ontario has decided to accept applications to the Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream on October 21.
- October 15: PEI invited 184 candidates to apply through the Labor & Express Entry streams.
- October 15: Ontario invited 772 Express Entry candidates through Human Capital Priorities stream targeting workers in any of the six tech occupations.
- October 13: British Columbia issued invitations to 417 candidates to apply for provincial nomination through five streams of the BC PNP.
- October 8: Manitoba issued invites to 192 candidates, including 20 Express Entry candidates, to apply to the MPNP under three MPNP streams.
- October 6: British Columbia invited 72 candidates to apply for provincial nomination under the Tech Pilot draw through four streams of the BC PNP.
- October 1: Quebec announced results of a September 24 draw where it had invited 365 candidates to apply for permanent residence through the Quebec Skilled Worker program.