22 occupations in demand where no job offer is required to apply under PNP Express Entry
Posted on January 20, 2015
Under new rules, all economic applicants under the Federal Skilled Worker category (FSW), Canada Experience Class (CEC) and Federal Skilled Trade (FST) now must go through an added step of being selected called Express Entry.
In other words, all applicants must now first pass the first threshold of qualifying under either FSW or CEC or FST and then enter the pool of applicants waiting to be selected.
According to Canada Immigration’s Express Entry ambassador, the higher the ranking the more likely an applicant will be selected.
Any skilled work experience is accepted but it is not certain when one will be drawn from the pool.
The federal program has eliminated the demand list.
However, one of the provinces has just announced a quicker route to enter the ranking and be on top of the selection grid by awarding a PNP certificate.
Those selected by the province will be drawn from the pool in priority.
The program is underway with intake to commence on Jan. 2, 2015.
Entry requirements are:
1. The program is for those who wish to immigrate to Canada and settle in Canada as permanent residents. It is not a recruitment for jobs.
2. Applicants do not require an offer of employment or job offer.
3. Applicants who are 18-46 years old will be allotted points.
4. A completed university degree of at least three years of study is preferred.
5. Applicants do not require to have a relative living in Canada. However, those with close relatives will be awarded bonus points.
6. Applicants must have proficiency in the English language. French is not required.
7. Must have a minimum of one year of work experience in a demand occupation. The listed occupations as of today are:
Accountant and Auditors
Human Resource Manager
Electrical and Electronic Engineers
Information System Analysts
Web Designers and Developers
Civil Engineering Technologists and Technicians
Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians
Electrical Engineering Technologists and Technicians
Drafting Technologists and Technicians
User Support Technicians
Medical Laboratory Techs
Licensed Practical Nurses
Family and Marriage Counsellors
Financial Sales Representatives
For more news and updates, assistance with your visa needs or for a Free Assessment of your profile for Immigration or Work Visa’s just visit www.y-axis.com