The processing time for Australian PR Visa
Posted on November 8, 2018
The prime concern about applying for Australian PR Visa is the processing time of the application. The processing time continues to remain high this year as well. Nevertheless, the skilled permanent visa applications take relatively lesser time.
Australia has two skilled PR visa categories under the General Skilled Migration program. Let’s have a look at both the categories.
1. Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189:
This is points tested skilled permanent visa of Australia. It allows residents to live and work anywhere in Australia on a permanent basis. To apply for the Visa, one should submit Expression of Interest (EOI). This document can be submitted online through the Skill Select system.
Processing time in 2018:
A report published in mid-October by the Times of India depicts the processing time well. It suggests that 75 percent of the applications for this category were processed in less than 11 months.
2. Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190:
This is also points tested skilled PR in Australia. However, the applicant has to first get a nomination from a state or territory government in Australia. This PR allows residents to stay in Australia indefinitely.
Processing time in 2018:
The mid-October report by the Times of India indicates that 90 percent of the applications got processed within 8 months.
The Processing time of individual application:
The processing time of individual Australian PR visa application depends on a number of key factors.
- Accuracy of application
- Time taken to perform required checks on the information provided
- How fast applicants reply to requests for additional information
- Time taken to get extra information in relation to health and national security requirements
- Number of positions available in the Immigration program
- Occupation of an applicant, their skills and the demand
Tips to reduce application processing time:
Here are some quick tips for the applicants to reduce their Australian PR Visa processing time –
- Refrain from submitting an incomplete application
- Always provide correct details
- When asked for additional details, try to avoid delay
- It’s advisable to take services from a genuine and trusted Visa Consultancy Service to avoid making any mistakes
Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa services and products for aspiring overseas immigrants including General skilled migration – Subclass 189 /190/489 with RMA review, General skilled migration – Subclass 189 /190/489, Work Visa for Australia, and Business Visa for Australia.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…