Prove your proficiency with the CELPIP test for applying Canada PR
Posted on June 21, 2022
Why CELPIP test?
- Prove your proficiency in English through CELPIP test
- IRCC designs CELPIP Test for the individuals applying for Canada PR visa and Canadian Citizenship
- CELPIP demonstrates the ability of English language proficiency
- A guide for acing CELPIP test score
What is CELPIP?
CELPIP stands for the Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program.
The CELPIP Test is an English language proficiency test that allows the test takers to demonstrate their English ability skills.
The CELPIP Test is designated by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), which is used by the individuals applying for permanent resident status and Canadian citizenship.
*Check your eligibility to Canada through Y-Axis Canada immigration points calculator
Expectations from the CELPIP Test?
The CELPIP is a computer-based test, and the test duration is 3 hours. The test divides into four sections.
Like the other English proficiency tests, CELPIP does not require a talking person as the speaking component. Rather than that, the candidate can reply to the on-screen prompts on the microphone headset for the speaking section during the test.
As the test is completely computer-delivered, the test results are available within 4-5 days of the test date, and the results are published online.
*Need assistance to apply for Canadian PR visa? Then get professional guidance from Y-Axis Canada overseas immigration expert
How to take CELPIP Test?
CELPIP Test is written at the test centre available near your location. There are 80 testing locations present around the world.
*Trying for world class coaching in CELPIP? Be one among the Y-Axis coaching batch , by booking your slot today.
Preparation for the CELPIP Test
This test helps the test-takers in their journey to work and live in Canada, and one can find the study materials to prepare for the tests, free sample tests, free webinars, and many others to improve skills.
- Free Online Mock Tests: Free CELPIP mock tests are available for test-takers who take online/offline for people enrolled in batch or 1-on-1 private students and those who study the self.
- Free CELPIP Sectional Test: The test takers can take Sectional tests to improve section-wise scores.
- Experienced Trainer Support during the course: For the registered students, certified and experienced trainers give continuous support during the course.
- 1-on-1 private tutoring: Students have an option to enrol for 1-on-1 private tutoring online.
- Exam Registration Support: One can get exam registration support for our experts to write CELPIP.
STRATEGIES TO PREPARE FOR CELPIP TEST
1. Learn basic computer skills
The CELPIP Test is computer-based exam, hence test takers should have basic computer knowledge like using system, a mouse, and a keyboard. Test takers can practice the CELPIP’s test for free through online mock test.
*You may also go through the Y-Axis Coaching Demo Videos to get an idea for CELPIP preparation.
2. CELPIP, a test of general English proficiency
The CELPIP test estimates the ability to use English in everyday situations. This test does not comprise academic or business English. It is mainly based on the English that is used in daily life.
3. Keep track of the time
Any computer-based test relies on the time limit and provides a timer on each page displaying the time that remains for each section. This helps increase the pace of completing each section and throughout the test.
*Ace your CELPIP scores with the help of Y-Axis coaching professionals.
4. Construct different types of vocabulary words and sentence structures
Practice English proficiency with various vocabulary that can be applied to writing and speaking sections. The sentence structure and construction of the sentence must be crispy and should be simple. Avoid repetitions of the words which do not have a regular flow.
5. Speak naturally with a clear tone
Always speak at a normal speed, do not get nervous, and increase the pace. Speak slowly at an average pace with the microphone at a distance from your lips.
6. Understandable Accent
Most of the test takers are much concerned about their accents. The CELPIP test takers do not need to get tensed about their accents. Instead, the test takers can concentrate on using proper grammar, learning vocabulary, and understanding the time limit.
*Do you want to register for free demo for the CELPIP course? Join with us.
7. Maintaining notes
A note paper and a pen are given while writing the CELPIP test. The test taker can take down the notes at any point of the test to organize your ideas for the Speaking and Writing sections. This is more help writing the test during the Listening section.
8. Review answers
If you still have some time after writing the test, you can cross-check your answers and verify the responses you have recorded for the questions. This will help correct typo errors and maintain clarity for your answers.
9. Proceed with what you know
Commonly, sometimes you might encounter some difficult and peculiar words while answering the Listening and/or writing the passage. Break the summary of the passage into parts while adding general meaning to it based on the knowledge of words you have.
*Need expert guidance to apply for Canada PR visa? Talk to Y-Axis overseas career consultant.