Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has performed the seventh, and latest, draw from the Express Entry pool, issuing 925 invitations to candidates in the pool with 469 or more Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points. The draw was made on April 10, 2015, and followed soon after news that a number of the first few successful applicants for Canadian immigration have already obtained permanent resident status through the Express Entry immigration selection system.
This draw is the third in succession in which CIC has selected candidates who did not have a qualifying job offer from a Canadian employer or a provincial nomination at the time they were selected. The first four draws from the pool, made between January 31 and February 27, selected only candidates who had either a job offer or a provincial nomination, either of which gives a candidate 600 CRS points and a subsequent invitation to apply for Canadian permanent residence. Up to 600 CRS points are also available for human capital factors such as age, level of education, language ability, and work experience.
Express Entry quick facts, from January 1 to April 11 (All dates are for 2015)
- Launch date: January 1
- First draw from the pool: January 31
- Most recent draw from the pool: April 10
- Minimum CRS points required for selection in any one draw: 453 (March 27 draw)
- Largest number of invitations to apply issued in any one draw: 1,637 (March 27 draw)
- Fewest invitations to apply issued in any one draw: 779 (January 1 and February 7 draws)
- Largest decrease in CRS points required between two consecutive draws: 254 (from February 27 to March 20 draws)
- Smallest decrease in CRS points required between two consecutive draws: 10 (from February 7 to February 20 draws)
- Largest increase in CRS points required between two consecutive draws: 16 (from March 27 to April 10 draws)
- Longest gap between two consecutive draws: 21 days (from February 27 to March 20 draws)
- Shortest gap between two consecutive draws: 7 days (on three occasions)
- Total number of invitations to apply issued: 6,851
Important information for all candidates and applicants
Once an invitation to apply has been issued to a candidate, he or she has 60 days to file a complete application with all supporting documents; no extensions will be granted. Candidates who have been issued an invitation to apply are encouraged to submit their complete applications in good time to avoid missing their opportunity, while those who have not yet been selected from the Express Entry pool are encouraged to gather documents in advance.
Moreover, it is important that the information provided and documents submitted are completely accurate in order to avoid being penalized for misrepresentation. Penalties for misrepresentation may include a five-year ban on applying to immigrate to, or even visit, Canada.
For more news and updates, assistance with your visa needs or for a Free Assessment of your profile for Immigration or Work Visa’s just visit www.y-axis.com
Seventh Express Entry Draw: CIC continues to select candidates without job offers
Posted on April 20, 2015