Why should you Study Abroad in France?
Posted on July 1, 2019
The higher education in France is among the best globally also being one of the most accessible ones. Overseas students opt to study abroad in France as it is more affordable for them as well. Universities in France are very close in ranking to the top ranked Universities every year. They offer an education that competes easily with other top-ranked global Universities.
France is specifically a good option for those who want to study abroad subjects related to business. The nation is a hub for International Management and Business education. It has several Business Schools in global rankings, as quoted by the Study International.
71 Public Universities are present in France and the National Government funds all of them. This offers an exceptional education to domestic and overseas students at very affordable prices. The nation also has many Private Universities.
The academic year at Universities in France commences in September/October and concludes in May/June based on the institution and program. There are 2 Semesters with a break in between them. It is followed by Final Examinations at the conclusion of the First Semester.
French Universities offer 2 chief types of courses
- Sections and Labs
- Large Lecture Courses
Attendance for Sections and Labs is usually mandatory. Practical Training and Internships are also mandated by some programs that are career oriented.
Universities in France use a format renowned through all across the EU when it comes to Degrees:
- Doctorate – can be obtained after the extra 6 semesters or 3 years
- Master – lasts for an extra 4 semesters of 2 years for a total of 5 years of study and ECTS 300
- Licence/Undergraduate Studies – lasts for 6 semesters or 3 years and ECTS 180
Overseas students must also be aware that each University has a system of Internship Referral and a Career Service Office. This implies that they will be updated on the latest available internships as well as jobs in France.
The documents required by aspiring overseas students to study abroad in France are:
- Attested copies of Graduate Degree if applicable, Class X, XII and Marks Sheets inclusive of backlogs
- Proof of proficiency in the English language such as TOEFL, IELTS scores, etc
- Results of Standardised Tests if required for the program like GRE, GMAT, etc
- 2 academic references
- 2 references from employers if applicable
- Photographs of passport size
- SOP – Statement of Purpose
- Application fees draft if applicable
- Portfolio for Architecture, Design, and Art programs
- Other Achievements and Certificates in Extracurricular Activities
Y-Axis offers a wide range of Visa and Immigration products as well as services for aspiring overseas students including Student Visa Documentation, 5-course search with admissions, 8-course search with admissions and Country Admissions Multi-country. Y-Axis offers diverse products such as IELTS/PTE One to One 45 min and IELTS/PTE One to One 45 min package of 3 to help the aspiring overseas students with the language tests.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…